x
Admin

Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Square Marketing!

On Thursday November 7th at 11am PT / 2pm ET we’re hosting a Square Marketing Live Q&A

This time of year brings a lot of opportunities to boost your sales with custom holiday promotions. With Square’s Marketing tools you can schedule and send email campaigns to your customers to promote holiday sales, send coupons, announce new products, or let your customers know you sell eGift Cards! You can also share your campaign on Facebook, and boost a Facebook campaign to reach even more customers. 

@edwardwb from the Marketing team will be joining us to answer your questions about Square Marketing, and he knows a lot about Customer Directory too! 

Here are some example questions:

• What’s the difference between a blast campaign and a scheduled campaign?
  • How can I grow my list of customers to email?
  • Can I send a campaign to a specific group of customers?

Click Reply below to ask your question and we’ll answer every question on Friday 11th October! 

*Note: To add a question - click Sign In (top right) and then click Reply to post your quesiton!*

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 10.17.40 PM.png

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 35
1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Square Marketing!

📳Hello Everyone!📳

I'm reaching out to let you know that we're hosting a Q&A focused on Text Message Marketing on February 17, 2021.

If you have questions or feedback on this feature, please drop in with your thoughts in this thread: Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Text Message Marketing!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Thanks to everyone who posted a question about Square Marketing! If you missed the Live Q&A last week you can still read through the posts to learn how to understand if your email campaign has been successful, how to collect even more emails, how to create a Facebook campaign — and more!

If you haven’t visited Square Marketing in a little while, check out the recently released drag and drop campaign editor. We introduced this to make creating emails even easier than it was before. Enjoy!

I also want to mention that at this time if you're subscribed to both Square Loyalty and Marketing you can now create automated text message campaigns. We’re launching a pilot for text message marketing soon (without a Loyalty subscription) and we'll let you know when it's available so you can try it out. Stay tuned for updates!

View Best Answer >

Message 34 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

What is the latest update on text message marketing? I would love to have all of our marketing consolidated! Currently use EZ Texting which is great, but I like the analytics that Square Marketing provides on our email campaigns. And we do more texts than just to loyalty customers - like sending out upcoming sale info and coupons.

Message 2 of 35
Square

Hi @jthorvaldson! Automated text message marketing campaigns is once again available for sellers who are subscribed to Loyalty and Marketing! You can read the details here

We’re also working on a pilot that will enable Loyalty sellers to send blast text message campaigns with coupons, as well as allow sellers who are not using Loyalty to use text message marketing. These may not have the full functionality that you’re used to, but once we launch we look forward to getting feedback from you and other sellers on how we can continue to improve them. 

Keep in mind that we will not initially allow phone numbers that are imported to Directory to receive text message marketing, but we will evaluate whether we will add this in the future.

Message 3 of 35

Very cool! my questions....can ongoing/continuous receipt campaigns be pre-scheduled by seasonal theme. As much as I enjoy the user friendly app, when having the marketing plan in front me I could "pre-plan" campaigns according to seasonal market segments.

Message 4 of 35
Square

Hi @PBEskincare, thanks for the question! Yes, you can schedule receipt campaigns ahead of time with any seasonal theme that is currently available in Marketing. We aim to put up themes at least 1 month ahead of the holidays, so we understand this might limit your ability to plan ahead of time, and we can take this into account in the future.

Let us know if this answers your question, or if there is something else you are wondering about!

Message 5 of 35
Admin

Quick update to let everyone know the date for this Live Q&A is now November 7.

Feel free to add anymore questions in the meantime! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 35

Are there any additional

fees if we have a recurring monthly payment?

Message 7 of 35
Square

Hi @Tpelosi! If you’re subscribed to Square Marketing, there are no additional fees to use the product.

We do have a feature where you can “boost” a Facebook post to make sure it reaches more of your business page’s fans and followers (Facebook caps the number of fans / followers who see business posts). You can allocate up to $20 per post, and all of this money goes to Facebook–  we don’t take any of it. At the end, you’re only charged for the amount that Facebook was able to spend, which will depend on how many fans / followers you have. If you want to have more control over boosting a Facebook post that you made through Square Marketing, you can also go directly to your business page on Facebook and boost the post there.

Message 8 of 35

Will you have another time for questions? Other than November 7th? 

Message 9 of 35
Square

Hello @321HypnosisWe’re answering questions about Square Marketing live for one hour today but you can also click ‘Start a thread’ at any time to answer a question. The Community team is here to help!

Message 10 of 35

@@Will you ever be doing Texting or using Messenger

Message 11 of 35
Square

Yes @Peggyk! We’ve introduced text message marketing for sellers who are subscribed to both Loyalty and Marketing, and will be launching a pilot for sellers who aren’t using Loyalty in the near future. If you already use Loyalty, you can learn more about the details here.  

Can you expand on what you would like to be able to do with Square Marketing and Messenger?

Message 12 of 35

I would like to send out text  blast on specials.

Also can we do something like Mobile Monkey on Messenger via square 

Message 13 of 35
Admin

Thanks @Peggyk! There isn't a way to use Square Marketing to reach customers on MSN Messenger. It looks like Mobile Monkey is a marketing automation tool? In the meantime, you might be interested in the Square Marketing Assistant

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 14 of 35

@Helen dies The square marketing assistant work the same way ?

Message 15 of 35
Admin

I'm afraid I don't know a lot about Mobile Monkey so the Marketing Assistant might not be exactly the same. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 16 of 35

After I send an email campaign, how do I know if my campaign has been successful? 

Message 17 of 35
Square

Hi @mystellarstore! The best way to understand whether your campaign has been successful is to view the Campaign Report for that email. 

You first want to start off with your open rate, which simply tells you how many people opened your email. If it’s above 20% then you’re doing pretty well, though the higher the % the better.

Next, you can look at attributable sales and purchases from customers who have seen your campaign. This can give you a sense of whether your marketing is encouraging customers to come visit and buy from you again. These track purchases made within 14 days of a customer viewing your campaign, or if whenever they use a coupon that was included in the campaign.

If you’ve included coupons, take a look to see if customers have redeemed those to understand if you’ve sent a coupon that is valuable enough for customers to use.

If you’re trying to drive readers to a website, you’ll want to look at Link Click Statistics at the bottom to see whether your customers are clicking on any links that you included.

And finally, you want to see how many recipients unsubscribed from your email. If it’s much higher than 1% (you can divide the unsubscribe number by the total number of recipients), you should consider how you can make your email content more relevant or appealing to your customers, or try targeting a particular sub group of customers.

We’re currently working to update the campaign reports to make it easier for you to understand how your campaigns have performed, as well as provide details about what customers received, opened, clicked, and unsubscribed for a specific campaign, so keep an eye out for that!

Message 18 of 35

So I sent out a marketing email with a coupon. The coupon code has letters and numbers in it. When I go to the Redeem Rewards tab and enter code, it only allows numbers. How do I input the letters?

Message 19 of 35
Admin

Hey @Guts I've added your post to the Live Q&A for Square Marketing so Edward can take a look tomorrow! 

@GC219 @Drea245 @pessosices @welldressedfood I noitced you posted about Square Marketing recently so if you have any other questions feel to share them here! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 20 of 35

Great thank you

Message 21 of 35