x
Admin

Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Team Management & Scheduling!

Hello Sellers — On January 28th at 3pm PST / 6pm EST, we’re hosting a Square Team Management & Scheduling Live Q&A!

@seiderman is the product manager on Square Team Management, focused specifically on scheduling, timecards, and the Square Team app. Having worked at Square for 6+ years, he’s experienced in working directly with sellers on how they can use Square to improve their team operations. While passionate about all things Square and Team Management, he still finds time to indulge in other hobbies including video games, working out, and playing with his 7yr old cocker spaniel / lab mix dog.

A few example questions:

• How can I use shift scheduling to improve my labor cost margins?
  • How can I share the schedule out with my team?
  • Is there a way to test out the paid scheduling features?

Click Reply below to ask your question ahead of time, and we’ll answer every question on Thursday, January 28, 2021!

image (14).png

Tom
Seller Community Manager, Square
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Team Management & Scheduling!

I have 1 suggestion and 1 question. It would be nice to be able to select which days the employee's are not available to work and have those days automatically blocked out. And is it possible to print the schedule? I would like to be able to post it. Thank you for the great addition to the service.

Message 2 of 17

Is there a way to have different service (item) time lengths for different team members? ie. one barber can do a men's hair cut every 20 mins while another need 30 mins per cut. and also how do you indicate which days each different member is working?

Message 3 of 17
Beta Member

Here are my requests

1. Ability to drag and drop shifts
2. Ability to see notes on the weekly shift screen
3. Ability to see a month at a time
4. Ability to set a typical schedule to copy without assigning employees
5. Ability to edit/publish the schedule without notifying everyone and only notifying the folks with changes
6. Ability to click into a shift and edit the person assigned instead of deleting that shift and recreating it with the new person
7. Do not refresh back to the top of the page upon each save - instead stay where you are
8. Ability to copy entire month
Message 4 of 17

Agreed on Drag and Drop shifts! Especially when I have open shifts.

Message 5 of 17

Hello! Thank you for adding this feature!  I would love for employees to be able to jump forward and request certain days off.  Since not everyone has set schedules, and some employees availability changes weekly.  Form what I have seen that currently is not a option. Also a print option would be great as well. 

Message 6 of 17

How can you test your online store to see if it is working?

Message 7 of 17

StyleSeat - Online Booking for Hair Stylists & Beauty Professionals.jpgI would love to be able to print out my daily scheduled. I make notes on it to keep, formulas and random things. I only print out the one page so I have somewhere to take the notes and QUICKLY see my schedule when working. Especially when doing color. I don't want to touch my phone. Plus I don't have time to open my phone, computer or tablet to see my schedule. Quick glance and all is known.

Message 8 of 17

Wish I wouldn't automatically be signed out on my laptop. I move to another tab and come back and I am signed out? I was on here and was signed out f appointments. 

Message 9 of 17
Beta Member

This is good news and decent new development. Like some below, people who are on holiday or long term sick, being able to put these in easily. If someone is sick, being able to record it as sick day. Clocking in and clocking out, can it be selected by employee only using their phones, rather than switching on for the entire workforce, only selecting those who need to have it?

Like one of the requests below, if you need to publish, can it be selected that it only goes out to either all, the ones being affected or none as a choice?

Requesting days off or a swap of shift?

Thank you

Message 10 of 17