x
Highlighted
Admin

Live Q&A: Ask us anything about TurboTax!

Welcome to the Seller Community! Preparing for tax season can be tedious—though we have some good news for you! This year, we partnered with TurboTax, and @TurboTax_Lisa will be here later this month answer your questions.  Whether you're a small business doing taxes for the first time or an owner with multiple locations, TurboTax and Square can help you tackle tax season so you can get back to business.

Here are some example questions: 

• I'm starting a business and I'm considering setting up an S Corp. What are the advantages and disadvantages?
  • My Federal tax burden was way higher than I expected this year. How do I set up a payment plan with the IRS and how can I prevent this from happening again?
  • How do I know which TurboTax products and services are right for me? 

Click Reply and ask your questions below. We'll review and answer the top 10 questions this month.

Lisa-Lewis (2).png

Lisa Greene-Lewis is a CPA and tax expert for TurboTax. Lisa has over 20 years of experience in tax preparation. Her success is attributed to being able to interpret tax laws and help clients better understand them. Lisa also has a well-rounded professional background. She has held positions as a public auditor, controller, and operations manager. Lisa is passionate about breaking down tax laws and sharing tips to help taxpayers save on their taxes no matter what stage of life they’re in. For Lisa, getting timely and accurate information out to customers to help them is paramount. Lisa has contributed tax articles to local, national, and online publications, including US News & World Report and Huffington Post. Lisa has also appeared on news broadcast, the Steve Harvey Show, and the Ellen Show.

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Live Q&A: Ask us anything about TurboTax!

Best Answer

Hello folks! I went to check on the status of this event and we're going to have to push back the time to later this month. Sorry to keep you waiting—rest assured that we'll follow through and get you in touch with the answers you need!

Keep the questions coming! Post a question now and we'll circle back to this thread with the updated date & time as soon as possible. 🙏

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
MizDiabla

What happens if you go negative in your business 3 years in a row with the IRS? How do you prevent your business from being deemed a hobby and essentially closed?

Message 2 of 4
Highlighted
Admin

Best Answer

Hello folks! I went to check on the status of this event and we're going to have to push back the time to later this month. Sorry to keep you waiting—rest assured that we'll follow through and get you in touch with the answers you need!

Keep the questions coming! Post a question now and we'll circle back to this thread with the updated date & time as soon as possible. 🙏

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
thesunnyside

Hi, I have my business where I do Chinese Medicine (acupuncture, cupping, herbal medicine, etc.) I am a professional tap dancer as well. In my opinion these are all under my business. I have heard that I only need to claim my freelance work if it is over $600. Is this true? If so, may I add this income to my business income? What is a good percentage of my business income should I save for taxes?

Message 4 of 4