On Thursday, April 25th, we hosted a Live Q&A about Weebly and eCommerce right here on this thread. We recently announced the new and improved Square Online Store, powered by Weebly. With the Square Online Store, you can manage sales tax, shipping, fulfillment, and automatically sync orders, items, and inventory between your online store and your Square account. Spend less time building and more time selling!
When @adamsmasher isn’t answering lengthy threads in Square’s Seller Community, he’s helping out the people of Weebly. He’s also built his fair share of websites so understands the process that goes into optimizing sales online and telling your business’ story on the internet.
A couple example questions:
What are some integrations that can help me attract new customers/make more sales?
Do you have any tips for improving my site’s SEO?
Thank you everyone for your awesome questions and comments! I hope everyone is as excited about the new Square Online Store as I am!
If you’d like more information or further reading about some of the topics covered in your great questions, I recommend checking out the following resources:
You have a great looking online store, so you also should have great looking product photographs! I strongly recommend checking out the Weebly Photo Studio. Great looking product photos make a world of difference to potential customers.
For eCommerce questions about your Square Online Store, the eCommerce category in Weebly’s support site has guides covering all of the various things you can do with your online store. If you have more questions about building your website itself, the Building Your Website category provides you with all the guides you need to get your site built quickly and easily. Still have more questions? Feel free to use the “Contact Us” link to talk directly with our Customer Success team via email, live chat, or phone.
Good luck and have fun building your online store! If you have any followup questions please feel free to post them here or on Weebly’s Community.
I'm new to the online store but have been using Square for processing payments and invoicing shipped orders. I downloaded the Excel file to input my merchandise and import. However no column exported for item weight. Will that need to be added individually for each item after import?
I need a separate description button for each size of clothing under each variance, is that possible.
Once I import, in the future will new additions automatically sync between my Square app and the online store?
Will the software figure shipping for USPS for me based on the weight information I input for each item?
How am I notified of orders recieved?
Are there any future plans for a Square POS for android tablets? I'm not an apple fan.
Is there a number for customer support for when I do get my items imported and have more questions?
These are great questions, @sscox!
- Yes, you’ll need to add weights for your items in your online store individually if it isn’t already included in your CSV. Once you’ve created your online store, all of the items in your Square account will have automatically synced to your online store where you can edit the weights.
- I don’t think this would be possible right now if I understand what you are asking (updating the description or displaying a different description for each item variation). You could write your item description so that it covered all of the different variations as one description.
- Yes! Any new items added in your Square account will sync to your online store, and any created in your online store will sync back to your Square account.
- If you enable real-time shipping, yes. https://www.weebly.com/app/help/topics/set-up-real-time-shipping
- Any time you receive an order online you’ll get an email notification of the order.
- Were you asking if this will work with the POS Android app? I’m not sure right now if it does, although knowing our team we would want it to work for both Android and iOS.
- There is! +1 (844) 493-3259. We also have both live chat and email in the Weebly Support site.
@Dawgs64, If you previously made a site with Online Store, it’s not currently possible to create a new Square Online Store. We’re working on providing a path to do this, though, so this will be an option for you soon. If you haven’t done that and made your site elsewhere, you can definitely try it out now using a free square.site subdomain so you can compare the two.
Thanks for the QA:
1. For online order shipping fulfillment - will I need to set a timeframe for fulfillment like we do now in the square online store? If so, what is the max date range available?
2. Will finds only be released once items ship (currently done in square online store), or will we receive funds once orders are received? (Like Etsy)
3. Will our current online store be ported to the weebly platform? Or will we need to design and set up a new site before we can continue our online selling?
3A. If our current store won’t directly port and we need to design a new store, can we do that work and still have our square online store live? Or is it one or the other? (Trying to manage downtime)
4. Who is our contact to work with on this transition? In case we have issue going live, etc.
Great questions, @VanTiki!
- You do not need to set a timeframe for fulfillment with shipping. When someone places an order that will be shipped, it goes into a pending status and can remain in that status for any length of time.
- Funds from purchases made through your new Square Online Store are not tied to the status of the order, so they will show up in your Square account pretty quick.
- Your current online store would not be ported, so you would need to build this new. Items in your Square account will sync over, though. You can also start setting up the new online store while your old one is still live, and not make the switch until you point your custom domain to the new store - this should make for no downtime.
Weebly is your best point of contact for questions, and are available via live chat, email, and phone via the Weebly Support site. 👌
How to move from the old online store to new Weebly store (I am willing to delete the old store)?
How can one switch from the old Square online store to the new Weebly store? Help states that existing stores cannot use the new one. If I shut down/deleted the old store, would that make the new one accessible? If not, what is the timeline for availabiltiy of the new Weebly store. I don't want to invest time in the old store only to have to revisit all the posted items again.
Re: How to move from the old online store to new Weebly store (I am willing to delete the old store)
It would not be possible right now @WildCountry 😭, though this is something we are working on and hope to have available soon. It’s hard to give an ETA although this definitely falls into the category of something we want done sooner than later. Also, any items you add to your Square library to use with your current store will be brought over into the new online store.
1) we need Weebly to record sales in square with item details and quantities
2) we need square’s loyalty program to be available for online transactions in weebly
3) customer information integration would be nice as well
4) need a more obvious way to separate Weebly transactions from square store ones via square reports