x
Alumni

Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Weebly and eCommerce

On Thursday, April 25th, we hosted a Live Q&A about the new Square Online Store (powered by Weebly) and eCommerce right here on this thread. We recently announced the new and improved Square Online Store. With the Square Online Store, you can manage sales tax, shipping, fulfillment, and automatically sync orders, items, and inventory between your online store and your Square account. Spend less time building and more time selling!  

When @AdamB isn’t answering lengthy threads in Square’s Seller Community, he’s helping out the people of Weebly. He’s also built his fair share of websites so understands the process that goes into optimizing sales online and telling your business’ story on the internet.  

A couple example questions:

What are some integrations that can help me attract new customers/make more sales?

Do you have any tips for improving my site’s SEO?

Rustica21075_JN_01_Ecommerce_Medium.jpg

Message 1 of 65
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you everyone for your awesome questions and comments! I hope everyone is as excited about the new Square Online Store as I am!

If you’d like more information or further reading about some of the topics covered in your great questions, I recommend checking out the following resources:

You have a great looking online store, so you also should have great looking product photographs! I strongly recommend checking out the Weebly Photo Studio. Great looking product photos make a world of difference to potential customers.

For eCommerce questions about your Square Online Store, the eCommerce category in Weebly’s support site has guides covering all of the various things you can do with your online store. If you have more questions about building your website itself, the Building Your Website category provides you with all the guides you need to get your site built quickly and easily. Still have more questions? Feel free to use the “Contact Us” link to talk directly with our Customer Success team via email,  live chat, or phone.

Good luck and have fun building your online store! If you have any followup questions please feel free to post them here or on Weebly’s Community.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 45 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can you use an existing Weebly website as a Square online store?

I have an existing Weebly website that I would like to either add a link to my square payment options, add Square graphics to show I use Square and/or use my existing website in Square online store. Is any of this possible? I don't have items to sell so payment would be for copays and fees so the client will be paying an invoice for services.

Message 43 of 65
Admin

We moved your post to this Live Q&A @ornj6c0! If you have an existing Weebly site, all you need to do to use Square for payments is connect to your Square account in Store > Setup > Checkout. To take payments through your site you’ll need to make “products” so your customers have something to “purchase”. Are your fees and co-pays set amounts? If not you can make products specific for individual customers if you want and just remove the product once they pay. I would also use the “service” product type since you aren’t shipping anything.

Adam
Message 44 of 65
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you everyone for your awesome questions and comments! I hope everyone is as excited about the new Square Online Store as I am!

If you’d like more information or further reading about some of the topics covered in your great questions, I recommend checking out the following resources:

You have a great looking online store, so you also should have great looking product photographs! I strongly recommend checking out the Weebly Photo Studio. Great looking product photos make a world of difference to potential customers.

For eCommerce questions about your Square Online Store, the eCommerce category in Weebly’s support site has guides covering all of the various things you can do with your online store. If you have more questions about building your website itself, the Building Your Website category provides you with all the guides you need to get your site built quickly and easily. Still have more questions? Feel free to use the “Contact Us” link to talk directly with our Customer Success team via email,  live chat, or phone.

Good luck and have fun building your online store! If you have any followup questions please feel free to post them here or on Weebly’s Community.

Adam
Message 45 of 65
Super Seller

@AdamB : As a longtime Square merchant and a beta merchant, I feel as though I’ve lost contact with what’s happening with Square/Weebly. I think we may want to upgrade plans and perhaps move away from a Squarespace website to the Weebly platform with our Store simply integrated. 

I realize that phone support is in short supply however, I’m not sure how to move forward without a little help. Can a team member familiar with Weebly and the Store reach out to us?

Thanks,

Max Berkowitz 

MAX’S DELI 

(530) 823-6297

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 46 of 65

I have been giving the task of trying to update a weebly web page that was built by another person several years ago and he did not leave any info on access to this account.  We need to update items on this page and can NOT get in  HELP

Message 47 of 65

Hello dont know if this was mentioned already but would love the abilty to create manual orders for customers both online and in the weebly or Square POS app. Some times coustomes call in orders to my business and i fell like this would be very helpful. Also you could place the order as unpaid and then capture the payment at a later time using either the card on file feature in Square or in the Square POS app as a cash payment or insert the physical card. 

Message 48 of 65
Admin

That's a great suggestion, @jo5! If you're taking an order over the phone, one thing you could do is go to your online store and purchase the product(s) as your customer. Since they'd be giving you billing information verbally you could enter it on the checkout screen for them. They'll get email notifications like any other customer and create an order for them, too.

Adam
Message 49 of 65

Any update on the eta for those of us that want to use weebly but already have online stores through square?

Also, I read this somewhere and was wondering if it is true...are sales made through our square register not updated in the weebly online store? >>>"Any sales originating in Square, and any updates to Weebly orders made in Square will not sync to Weebly at this time, and any manual inventory adjustments should be made in Square."

Thank you!

Message 50 of 65
Admin

@kselden

If you are using the current Square Online Store, our support team can surely help you move over to Weebly so you have the editor tool.  You'll just want to reach out to Customer Success to begin the process of moving over.

As far as Inventory Management, we do have a dynamic sync tool between Weebly and Square now. When you move over to the Weebly Online Store, we'll be able to help you out with this an better explain the integration. This would be a great question for the Weebly team directly.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 51 of 65
Admin

Great question, @kselden! Sales made through your Square account via card readers, POS, etc, do not show within your Square Online Store account at Weebly, however orders made through your Square Online Store will show in the Orders tab in your Square account. Think of your Square account as the hub of all orders, so your online store is another channel feeding orders to it in addition to those you take physically.

Adam
Message 52 of 65

I tried switching my "Old" Square storefront to the "New" Square storefront, that promises multiple pages, more layouts, etc.  When I get to the point about connecting a domain, which I own, it tells me to pick a subscription with Weebly.  I thought with a "New" Square storefront that I would have multiple pages, and I do not, in fact, I lose the screen that asks me to setup those pages once I get to the connect to a domain question.

Message 53 of 65
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Thanks for posting! This is a bit of a complicated question involving Weebly, so I've moved your thread to our live Q & A board for Weebly. @adamsmasher Will be able to answer your questions for sure, but I think this is an issue in converting your old Weebly account to our version of the free Weebly account with Square, if that makes sense.

I look forward to what Adam has to say! Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 54 of 65

Hi Ashley,

We were excited to hear what @AdamB had to say also, but we have not had a response.  Needless to say, this is impinging on our Christmas Season sales.

Thanks!

Message 55 of 65

Can you create multiple online stores? We are a restaurant and have different menus for different clientele.  We wanted to have 3 sites: 1) cafe pick-up + take-out clients, 2) Meal Delivery Service clients, 3) Catering clients.

To be specific. We already have a website on the old store for 1)  pick-up, take-out clients. And we created a website on the new store for 2) Meal Delivery Service clients. How do I crease another two websites on the new online store system? Thanks!

Message 56 of 65
Square Community Moderator

Hey @brazilianbread this is a great question. At this time, you cannot have more than one online store tied to your Square account. This is a feature request we are working toward, but for now, you have a few options. 

1: You can create multiple Square accounts to have multiple online stores. The main issue with this is your sales, reporting, and orders will be separated as well.

2: You are able to have multiple Weebly pages for each category. This will be tied to one online store, but will break up your web page if that is more your main goal. To do this, make 3 categories in your online store (cafe pickup, meal delivery, and catering) and assign items for each "location" to each category, and then use individual pages for each category.

I hope this makes sense, but please let me know if you have any follow up questions.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 57 of 65

Looking for help/advice! Our website is currently powered by Weebly. A few months ago we began an online store through Weebly, using the Square software (Legacy). I am now looking to upgrade to a POS (point-of-sale system) with Square in my brick and mortar store. Customer Service has told me that I'll be able to export items from my current online store (on Weebly) and import them into the Square online store. Everything will transfer over, but images and categories may not? Has anyone done this before and have more clarity?

I just want to make the transition as smoothly as possible; we have hundreds of items. In the end, I would like the website and POS system to flow together. If an item is purchased in-store I would like it to reflect on the website inventory, and vice-versa. I hope this makes sense!

Message 58 of 65
Admin

Welcome @buffalostamps! Happy to have you here with us in the Community! 😁

While I can't speak from personal experience of transitioning from one site to another (Weebly), there are a lot of sellers here who have gone through the move! You can find some good answers from @AdamB here

Feel free to also tag any other sellers you see on this thread who may have had similar questions to see what their experience was!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 59 of 65

why can't I keep my website-I don't want to redo it

Message 60 of 65

I joined last night, created my online payment link, put it on Wordpress and Blogger and all worked fine, now none of them work?

Message 61 of 65
Admin

Hi, @Tyr_Blackthorn - thanks for your post. I checked with our team and it looks like there was a display issue with checkout links briefly, but this was quickly fixed. Let me know if you're still having trouble!

Adam
Message 62 of 65

I am not interested in selling.  All I want is to be able to edit my forever-valid weebly sites.

{redacted} 

Message 63 of 65