x
Alumni

Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Weebly and eCommerce

On Thursday, April 25th, we hosted a Live Q&A about the new Square Online Store (powered by Weebly) and eCommerce right here on this thread. We recently announced the new and improved Square Online Store. With the Square Online Store, you can manage sales tax, shipping, fulfillment, and automatically sync orders, items, and inventory between your online store and your Square account. Spend less time building and more time selling!  

When @AdamB isn’t answering lengthy threads in Square’s Seller Community, he’s helping out the people of Weebly. He’s also built his fair share of websites so understands the process that goes into optimizing sales online and telling your business’ story on the internet.  

A couple example questions:

What are some integrations that can help me attract new customers/make more sales?

Do you have any tips for improving my site’s SEO?

Rustica21075_JN_01_Ecommerce_Medium.jpg

Message 1 of 65
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you everyone for your awesome questions and comments! I hope everyone is as excited about the new Square Online Store as I am!

If you’d like more information or further reading about some of the topics covered in your great questions, I recommend checking out the following resources:

You have a great looking online store, so you also should have great looking product photographs! I strongly recommend checking out the Weebly Photo Studio. Great looking product photos make a world of difference to potential customers.

For eCommerce questions about your Square Online Store, the eCommerce category in Weebly’s support site has guides covering all of the various things you can do with your online store. If you have more questions about building your website itself, the Building Your Website category provides you with all the guides you need to get your site built quickly and easily. Still have more questions? Feel free to use the “Contact Us” link to talk directly with our Customer Success team via email,  live chat, or phone.

Good luck and have fun building your online store! If you have any followup questions please feel free to post them here or on Weebly’s Community.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 45 of 65
64 REPLIES 64
Square Community Moderator

Hi @inge32,

I've removed your email address from this post, as this is a public forum. You might want to check out our Weebly Community directly for assistance with your site. 

Message 64 of 65

We have a Square Marketing Subscription.  I use the email collection form, via a pop-up, to collect emails when people visit our Square Online built websites.  I have been unable to find any way to see the actual names and email addresses of new subscribers who have used that pop-up to sign up.  I get emails saying "new lead capture" but when I click the button in the email to view these new potential customers it takes me to an overview page on the online portion of Square. This appears to be the only way to access this page, I've looked everywhere to find where it is nested but so far can only get to it through the new lead capture email.  Through this process I discovered that the "Marketing" in Online is different from the marketing subscription I am paying for.  It is now saying I need to upgrade there too and pay an additional subscription; very frustrating.

Worse... this is how I found out that this works through "Weebly Promote" vs Square Marketing.  Ok, fine.  I've wasted hours getting to this point.  So, I start to create an email through Weebly promote to email these new lead captures with a Thank you for signing up, here's a coupon.... But when I try to add the coupon to the email I get a Weebly message saying I don't have any coupons created. 😞 I do... in Square.  Worse it says to go to my Weebly Store Editor to create a coupon that can be used.  But there is no link to get to that and I cannot find anywhere in Square Online where I can create a coupon that will connect to and work in Weebly Promote for said email.  DAYS have been wasted down this rabbit hole.

I need a solution; either an easy way to access the new names and email addresses captured through my pop-up and to be able to verify that's a new subscriber OR I need to know how the heck to get to where I can create the coupon that can be used in Weebly Promote.  Better yet, an automated response email, that is editable and customizable, that auto sends to new subscriber with a coupon so that we can convert them into new customers.  Currently the only automation in Square Marketing that is available is sent AFTER someone makes an online purchase.  That is not useful for us.  We want to engage with new subscribers so we can convert them to customers.  I know I am not the only one asking for this automation.

I want to be able to stay using Square and have one set of fees/subscriptions but at this point I am considering moving everything to a new system where I can actually manage everything in one place.

For perspective, we have 2 Square Online websites (one for each "location" in our Square account).  1 location is our farm, the other is our farm to fork food truck where we sell things we make from the meat etc we raise on our farm.  The food truck also has a Square for Restaurants subscription with KDS which for the most part has worked fantastically.  I'm pleased in general with our websites.  What I am very frustrated by is how cumbersome the merging with Weebly has made order management, marketing and communication.  It is hard to find things and confusing as to which actual platform I am working on.  Can anyone provide some assistance / answers?

Message 65 of 65