x
Admin

Live Q&A with the Square Beta Team!

On Wednesday the 4th of December at 2pm PT/ 5pm ET we’re hosting our first ever Square Beta Live Q&A

Have you ever considered being part of Square Beta and using the Beta App? Would you like to be on the front line of product releases and updates? Want to drive meaningful change for your business and those around you? We want to work with you to make sure our products are not only useful but also invaluable for your business.

Our own @lindsaybee  and @Howard and myself, will be here to answer all your questions live on December 4th at 2pm PT

Square Beta offers our Sellers the chance to do all the things above. We know you have Feedback and Requests - now is a great time to get into our specific Beta Community where you’ll be influencing the next product launches. 

Here are some example questions:

• What is the benefit of being in a Beta Program?
  • What is the best way to offer Feedback or report a bug?
  • What do you need from me as a Beta Seller?
  • Do Feature Requests actually go anywhere?

Click Reply below to ask your question and we’ll answer every question on Wednesday the 4th of December!

To join our Private Beta Seller Community check out this post in the Community, request to join, and download the Beta App to get started!

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 8.33.23 AM.png

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 88
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Live Q&A with the Square Beta Team!

Hiya Community! 

We're here and about to begin answering all your questions on this rainy Wednesday in San Fransisco. 

If you have further questions, feel free to post them and we'll get to them as we are able.

@Howard @lindsaybee and myself! 

Communitypost.jpg

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

The Takeaway:

Thank you so much for joining us for our first ever live Q&A with the Beta team. It’s taken us a few days to really organize our thoughts around the takeaways - but we’ve identified these few things.

1. We had a great discussion around Feature Requests - not just your the Feature Requests that were asked in the thread, but we’ve identified some pain points in the request process. We’re focusing on ways to organize and give the broader community insight into what is happening with your feature requests - whether it’s in production or just being tracked until we can work on it.  We’re hoping to have a new system in place in the next few months. 

2. The Beta team is looking for participants who would like to be actively involved in the beta process. That means running your business on the Beta App, being involved in our Beta community to share your feedback, bugs, and feature requests for the product.

Doing so gives you access to other private Betas that we recruit for from our specialized community. Becoming part of the Beta Community of Sellers and participating in the program will help us identify your business for further private beta’s and offer exclusive access to the programs as they launch.

3. Being a beta tester for Square allows you to have access to features and changes before general release. Although the product goes through stringent testing before going to Beta, bugs may arise from time to time. In the case that you do have an issue affecting your day-to-day sales, make sure you report the bug here in our Community, and switch over to the Point of Sale App (the released version). Doing so will allow you to take payments as expected and continue to charge and track your transactions.

To get started in Beta - please request to join our Beta Community. Download the App from the Google Play store or Download TestFlight from the Apple Store, login with your typical login and get started.

highfiver.gif

kellyj
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 86 of 88
87 REPLIES 87
Beta Member

Will this be recorded and available to watch later? 2pm falls in the middle of my work day, I will be taking care of clients making $. I can’t watch while working. 

Message 43 of 88
Admin

@Nailandlasharti

We’re not quite video friendly yet, although spoiler, that’s in the works… so all of this information will live here in the forums to read! For future Q&A’s we’re hoping to have live Tweet options and video streams.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 44 of 88
Beta Member

When will Square offer double booking. An option needs to be added to categorize and search services to make things easier on consumers when scheduling.

Square also needs to work on it's fraud prevention for online transactions as presently the company has nothing in place and shouldn't even be engaged in these transactions. Square charges a premium for these transactions and use to provide up to $250 in fraud protection which is has eliminated no doubt due to significant losses created by the fact it doesn't have fraud protections in place!

Message 45 of 88
Admin

Thanks for this feedback. @PleijThere are definitely a lot of Appointments Feature Requests in this thread and the team uses that to track and prioritize. The Beta program doesn’t have any specific insight to this at this time, but we’re happy to pass this to the Appointments product team. If I get any feedback that is shareable, I’ll do so here in the Community. 

We’ll also note you are looking for specific features in the Appointments App. When they are released or go into Beta, we try to look at people who have requested this in order to update them on the status. 

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 46 of 88

what is the benefit of being in the Beta program?

Message 47 of 88
Admin

@David970 Enrollees in the beta program get first access to Square’s new products and features, and have an opportunity to lend their voice to the development process. For business owners, this means that you have a say in how the product would work best for you. Our product teams take customer feedback during the beta process very seriously, and are eager to hear from our beta testers. This is your chance to influence what we build for you!

lindsaybee
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 48 of 88

Hi there, @kellyj 👋 Thanks for taking the time to answer all of our burning questions. I wanted to add my voice to the masses here.

I see that verified Square users are talking a lot about Feature Requests here; a lot of times they are reference to things that can't always be directly answered. 

All of this to say, what exactly happens to feature requests when we provide feedback in the Beta Program?

Thanks so much! 😊

Message 49 of 88
Beta Member

Also clients want the balance of appointments to come to

them appointment confirmations and reminders 

Message 50 of 88
Beta Member

And how are Feature Requests and questions prioritized by your teams? 

Message 51 of 88
Admin

@StonebeltSupply

Thanks so much for this question. It’s a great one. A couple things I want to distinguish… 

Feature Requests or Feedback during a beta program (while you are testing): 

Our product teams are looking to beta testers to help us release the best product possible for business owners. Feature requests that we receive during the beta program are extremely valued! There are times where a crucial piece of feedback sent us all the way back to the drawing board. We escalate your feedback to Product teams immediately once we receive it.

General Feature Requests: When we receive general feature requests through the Beta Community, we keep them on record for your account, and when our product teams are ready to recruit for that or a similar solution, we draw back on our pool of interested Beta testers to offer you early access. 

Our Beta Community gives you the option to connect with other Beta Testers and create a direct pipeline of feedback to the teams. All this to say, come join us in the Beta Community, and get started on the Beta App. 😃

lindsaybee
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 52 of 88

What is the process to become a member of beta testing/program?

Message 53 of 88
Admin

Hello @jthorvaldson! We have a few different ways you can become a Beta tester. Here’s the short answer: Download the app and login. It’s that easy.

• If you are using iOS you will need to download TestFlight from the App Store, and then download the Square Beta app. Please follow these instructions. Log in as you would to our Point of Sale App — only this Square logo is blue — and you will have access to all the new features that are currently in Beta and pre-release.  If you are an Android user, you can directly join the Beta program by downloading the Beta App from the Google Play Store.

• For invite-only betas, our Beta team will reach out to you directly by email if you fit our criteria. Perhaps you have requested a feature previously, or you fit a specific business type we’re looking for feedback from (Square for Retail is a good example of this right now!). In this case, our Beta team will offer you a spot directly for these exclusive previews. 

To be considered for all of our programs, you’ll want to join the Beta Community and run parts of your business on our Beta Apps. The Beta Community is the place for you to report bug reports and feedback.

lindsaybee
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 54 of 88

Can you implement a way to check card and start a tab for all of us in the Bar and Restaurant Business please? 

Message 55 of 88
Admin

Thanks for the question @Bar2! We can definitely pass this to the Product team. It’s a frequently requested feature for sure!

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 56 of 88
Beta Member

Is the beta going to be available to square register owners since it's running the same pos interface?

Message 57 of 88
Admin

@Chubbys We have a Beta Program for Square Register! Please let us know if you are interested and we will send you an email invite. 

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 58 of 88
Beta Member

We would love to try it out!

Message 59 of 88
Beta Member

I am also interested in participating in the Square Register beta program, any chance I could also get the link?

Thanks!

Message 60 of 88
Admin

@lodee and @Chubbys 

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 61 of 88

We are interested in participating in the Square Register Beta!

Message 62 of 88

What is the benefit of being in a Beta Program?

Message 63 of 88