x
Alumni

Meet the Order Manager product team: Ask any questions about managing orders ๐Ÿ“จ๐Ÿงพ

Hi Seller Community,

Have questions about the Orders section on your Point of Sale or online Square Dashboard? Our product team wants to hear from you!

Ani__0-1655333465301.jpeg

I'm thrilled to introduce you to @chada and @Aaron_Product, whose teams focus on order management. Whether you're set up with Square Point of Sale, Square for Retail, Square for Restaurants, or Square Online, this is an opportunity for you to ask questions and share feedback on the order managerโ€™s role in managing your business, notifying you of new or updated orders, printing order tickets, or providing settings for configuring your order-specific workflows. 

Post your questions to this thread ahead of time and check back with us on Wednesday, June 29, at 18:00 GMT when their team responds. 

A few example questions:

• What are the latest feature improvements that will help me better manage orders with Square Online?
  • If Square Order Manager could support "_______," the day-to-day operations at my restaurant would run so much smoother.
  • I keep running into "_______" every time an order comes through at my retail store. What's the best practice for addressing this?
  • What plans do you have for allowing me to configure Order Manager to suit the specific workflows of my business?
  • Do you have any plans to improve the onboarding experience to Order Manager for new sellers or employees?

Ani
Gestora de la Comunidad de Vendedores / Seller Community Manager, Square
Message 1 of 13
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Meet the Order Manager product team: Ask any questions about managing orders ๐Ÿ“จ๐Ÿงพ

Hello everyone!

The time for receiving new questions has closed for this event. Thank you to everyone who asked questions and shared their experiences โ€” we received a lot of helpful feedback!

The Order Manager team will continue to address your posts as they are able. Due to the high volume of interest across all of our forums, it may take a few days to follow up on remaining inquires. We appreciate your patience and please keep watch for updates throughout the end of the week and early next week. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much to all of you who took the time to share your questions and feedback with us! We were impressed with the level of engagement we received and were excited to see so much interest in this topic. 

We hope your questions were answeredโ€”the experiences you've shared will help us as we continue to enhance Squareโ€™s Order Manager based on your feedback.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap the main themes that we observed across all the feedback:

More personalization options for order management workflows and printing

Some sellers operate off of only printed tickets, while others want to be able to complete an order after it arrives with a single button press. Some sellers want to complete bulk actions with minimal screen interactions. We are kicking off new discovery next month around the most common ways sellers want to personalize their workflows so we can meet you where your business is to enable Order Manager to become a lever in your business growth plan. We will be reaching out to all sellers who raised this topic to better understand the most important ways you want to personalize your order management experience to optimize your workflows in a way that suits your specific business needs. 

Editing orders after they have been paid and received

We understand that you have the ability to change the order after it appears in POS. In-store situations demand a change in the orderโ€”Situations such as selling out an item or having a customer call and request a change. We are working on enabling this capability for our order partners (including Square Online), such that the buyer is also made aware of the change. Please keep in mind that adoption will be dependent on the order partner (i.e. Doordash will have to enable this ability as well). We hope to have that out to you in the near future.

Customizing order and fulfillment settings on your Square Online site

We are working to centralize the fulfillment settings that apply to both your Square Online orders as well as any orders that are created through 3rd party apps and to expose those settings to developers via a public API so all orders are set with the correct fulfillment details. This will ensure that the same settings are adhered to no matter which channel your orders are placed so you can standardize your operations and deliver consistent service to all your customers. 

Creating orders with fulfillments at POS

Sellers want to create orders with fulfillments like Delivery or Pickup at the POS. We heard you loud and clear that this is a gap you want filled and we are exploring ways to support this capability in the future so you can offer the same great service to your customers, no matter how they order from you.

Again, thanks for your participation. For the latest updates, keep watch for announcements of new features in Product Updates.

PXL_20220629_192321201.jpeg

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Beta Member

Hi @Ani_ When receiving an online order from one person which is to be delivered to a different person, the order details show the recipient name but not the name of the payee. As my contract is with the payee it is important to know who this is in case of any queries etc. I understand this can be found but it would be much easier to have all the details pertaining to the order in one place. Thank you, Tony

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 2 of 13
Square

Hi Tony, you bring up a good point that we've been discussing on the orders team lately: who is your customer? Is it the person who created the order? Who paid for it? Who receives it? What are the different types of customer that you care about within your business and why is it helpful to identify their specific role within your use cases?

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 3 of 13
Beta Member

Thanks for getting back to me. I regard all the people associated with the order as customers in different ways. What I am saying is that the Order Details should include all the people that have a role in the order clearly identified with their relevant status. I think it safe to assume that the person that created an online order is the one paying for it so this would be:

Ordered by:

Recipeint: (Only required if different but it would be easier programmatically to include it anyway)

Regards, Tony 

Message 4 of 13
Square

One more thought... as the Order model gets more connected to other parts of the Square ecosystem, additional domain connections will be added to the Order model which may also have an associated customer, including especially Appointments where an appointment booking may include a customer ID.

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 5 of 13
Square

The customer name should display on the top of the ticket, but is set by the developer that creates the order via the Square API (Square online for you perhaps). It sounds like if we change that field to the payee name, that would fulfill your request?

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 6 of 13
Beta Member

Hi. Not sure what you mean by the โ€˜ticketโ€™ or โ€˜developerโ€™. As previously stated I would like ALL the people that are associated with the order to be included on the order details. In most cases that will be one person i.e. the person that creates the online order being the recipient. Where the recipient is different to person that creates the order both names need to be included in the details. At present it only shows the recipient so it would just need the order creator added.

Message 7 of 13

Why is there not a place for entering shipping on your invoices? At the moment I have to enter it as though it is another sale. I should not be paying you commission on shipping! Thanks

Message 8 of 13
Beta Member

It would be very useful for our restaurant if we could

1. determine the order things were printed on the order ticket

2. group identical items together (for example if someone ordered a "beer, red wine, beer" that would print as 2 x beer and 1 x red wine)

3. decide that items were printed in categories  and determine the order of the categories instead of having to use the annoying course line

4. if we do use the course line, the ability to move it around and the other items around

Message 9 of 13

I use Square.online as our website for product sales. I track inventory through the app Craftybase. When an order is placed through the website the order details feed through to Craftybase automatically and update my inventory. However, the name and address fields for the orders do not feed through and I have to enter them manually. Apparently this functionality works with Shopify. 

With this exception I have liked using Square.online so are there any plans to improve the integration between Square and Craftybase as it's a very popular and cost-effective inventory software, particularly for small manufacturers?

Message 10 of 13
Admin

Hello everyone!

The time for receiving new questions has closed for this event. Thank you to everyone who asked questions and shared their experiences โ€” we received a lot of helpful feedback!

The Order Manager team will continue to address your posts as they are able. Due to the high volume of interest across all of our forums, it may take a few days to follow up on remaining inquires. We appreciate your patience and please keep watch for updates throughout the end of the week and early next week. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป

๏œ๏ธ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 11 of 13
Square

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

Thanks so much to all of you who took the time to share your questions and feedback with us! We were impressed with the level of engagement we received and were excited to see so much interest in this topic. 

We hope your questions were answeredโ€”the experiences you've shared will help us as we continue to enhance Squareโ€™s Order Manager based on your feedback.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap the main themes that we observed across all the feedback:

More personalization options for order management workflows and printing

Some sellers operate off of only printed tickets, while others want to be able to complete an order after it arrives with a single button press. Some sellers want to complete bulk actions with minimal screen interactions. We are kicking off new discovery next month around the most common ways sellers want to personalize their workflows so we can meet you where your business is to enable Order Manager to become a lever in your business growth plan. We will be reaching out to all sellers who raised this topic to better understand the most important ways you want to personalize your order management experience to optimize your workflows in a way that suits your specific business needs. 

Editing orders after they have been paid and received

We understand that you have the ability to change the order after it appears in POS. In-store situations demand a change in the orderโ€”Situations such as selling out an item or having a customer call and request a change. We are working on enabling this capability for our order partners (including Square Online), such that the buyer is also made aware of the change. Please keep in mind that adoption will be dependent on the order partner (i.e. Doordash will have to enable this ability as well). We hope to have that out to you in the near future.

Customizing order and fulfillment settings on your Square Online site

We are working to centralize the fulfillment settings that apply to both your Square Online orders as well as any orders that are created through 3rd party apps and to expose those settings to developers via a public API so all orders are set with the correct fulfillment details. This will ensure that the same settings are adhered to no matter which channel your orders are placed so you can standardize your operations and deliver consistent service to all your customers. 

Creating orders with fulfillments at POS

Sellers want to create orders with fulfillments like Delivery or Pickup at the POS. We heard you loud and clear that this is a gap you want filled and we are exploring ways to support this capability in the future so you can offer the same great service to your customers, no matter how they order from you.

Again, thanks for your participation. For the latest updates, keep watch for announcements of new features in Product Updates.

PXL_20220629_192321201.jpeg

Aaron
Product Manager, Orders
Schedule time to talk!
Message 12 of 13

Hi!

Are there any plans to allow the printing of delivery details for orders from the online dashboard? I get an order and have to physically write the address on the box, if I was able to simply download a label it would be much better. I can then print it out on a label machine instead.

Regards,

Mark

GRIPPYS

https://www.grippys.co.uk/

Message 13 of 13