x
Admin

Q&A: Ask Us Anything About the Square Online Website Builder!

Update: Due to volume and complexity of the questions, this event was moved to Thursday October 14th so our product team had more time to research and answer your questions. Thanks for your understanding!

Hello everyone! 👋

On October 3rd at 10:30 AM PT/1:30PM ET October 14th at 10:30 AM PT/1:30PM ET, we hosted a Square Online website builder Q&A with @xuanhua@KSA100, and @BradS-PM  of the Square Online Product team! This was a great opportunity to ask questions specifically about the website editor used by Square Online.

AdamB_0-1632866087143.png

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 207
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Q&A: Ask Us Anything About the Square Online Website Builder!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your questions and feedback!

We ended up covering quite a lot more than just the website builder, but that’s okay! Everything you’ve shared with us will help us incorporate what you need into future updates to Square Online. If you didn’t get a reply, don’t worry - while there wasn’t time to respond individually to all comments, our product managers did read them and will consider that feedback for future updates.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap a few different themes that came up frequently:

Digital item fulfillment: Though not currently available, this is something we are working on for 2022!

Category and item page customization: You’d like to have more options to add content to category and item pages. Giving you more options to make your item and category pages look how you’d like is important, and something we're working on. Stay tuned for updates in the near future.

Video on item pages: Videos on item pages would add another dynamic way to show off your products. While we don’t yet have this as an option, you might want to consider adding 360º images to provide some more dynamic views of your products.

If you haven’t yet set up an online store through Square Online - it’s super easy! Click on the Online link in your Square Dashboard, then click on Get Started. Square Online will walk you through setting up your online store in minutes.

Square Online will be adding a lot of new features in the coming months, both to the website editor and to many other areas of Square Online. Thank you so much for your participation!

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

We ended up covering quite a lot more than just the website builder, but that’s okay! Everything you’ve shared with us will help us incorporate what you need into future updates to Square Online. If you didn’t get a reply, don’t worry - while there wasn’t time to respond individually to all comments, our product managers did read them and will consider that feedback for future updates.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap a few different themes that came up frequently:

Digital item fulfillment: Though not currently available, this is something we are working on for 2022!

Category and item page customization: You’d like to have more options to add content to category and item pages. Giving you more options to make your item and category pages look how you’d like is important, and something we're working on. Stay tuned for updates in the near future.

Video on item pages: Videos on item pages would add another dynamic way to show off your products. While we don’t yet have this as an option, you might want to consider adding 360º images to provide some more dynamic views of your products.

If you haven’t yet set up an online store through Square Online - it’s super easy! Click on the Online link in your Square Dashboard, then click on Get Started. Square Online will walk you through setting up your online store in minutes.

Square Online will be adding a lot of new features in the coming months, both to the website editor and to many other areas of Square Online. Thank you so much for your participation!

Adam

View Best Answer >

Message 202 of 207
206 REPLIES 206
Admin

Great question! Since this isn't about the website editor itself, I'll take this back to the Appointments/broader Square Online team to consider.

Adam
Message 190 of 207

Ok, thank you!

Message 191 of 207
Super Seller

My previous questions were answered by @Barbara_B I have two more.

1) Who can explain to me how to use the exported folders with my web design at my current supplier to set up in the Square Online Store.

2) Where are the Online stores at Square hosted? AWS?

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 192 of 207

Yeah? Question #2 ???

Message 193 of 207

Is there a way to add a video to an item instead of a picture? It’s a new thing in the boutique business to have short videos instead of a picture of an item. 

Message 194 of 207
Admin

Great question! This was asked already in the Q&A, so keep an eye on that post for a response.

Adam
Message 195 of 207

That was a question from me as well. That question is more for giving a tour of my store. I would like to post videos around our store in a page instead of having to link it to YouTube. This question is about adding a video to an item in my inventory so customers can see how flowy a dress is or how a top lays on one of our workers. Here’s a link to a website that has this option so you can see what I mean. 
https://fashionattic.biz/products/blackbluepinkmustard-floral-print-dress-with-criss-cross-chest-det...

Message 196 of 207
Super Seller

@AdamB Did it start?

Message 197 of 207
Admin

It has! Since this has become one of our larger Q&As, it will probably take some time to get answers in.

Adam
Message 198 of 207
Super Seller

I saw your responses keep up the good work!

René

Message 199 of 207
Beta Member

Can I send my customers a FaceTime link instead of a Zoom link automatically for a virtual session?

Message 200 of 207
Admin

I don't see why that wouldn't work. This is with Square Appointments, right? I googled and found some Apple instructions on how to create a FaceTime link.

Adam
Message 201 of 207
Admin

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

Adam
Message 202 of 207

So how near near in the future are we talking for adding category and item page customization options? Weeks? Months?  Just wondering?

Thank you.

Message 203 of 207
Super Seller

I would love to connect my Pinterest to my Weebly through the Pinterest Verified Merchant program.  I have on average 100k  views on Pinterest a month and I think this could be a good source of traffic and sales for me.  I don't know what any of this means. ( see image below) how do I find the info on my Weebly dashboard?Pinterest Verified Merchant Catalog Link

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 204 of 207

I was hoping that "ASK US ANYTHING" would allow me to post a question and get a simple answer. I didnt realize that I was going to get inundated with hundreds of other people's questions. Now I probably wont get the answer I was seeking because I really need to block this email group... its way too much

Message 205 of 207
Agency Partner

A few questions regarding Square Online

• Is it possible to add modifiers that are only visible online and not on the POS? 
  • Can you select the same option for example for meat option more than once? Ex. 2 Taco order how can they choose chicken twice
  • What is the use case for a different site? 
  • Can you have the different locations linked to different bank accounts?

Thank you

Message 206 of 207
Beta Member

When will Square Online work to sell Wholesale?

Message 207 of 207