x
Admin

Q&A: Ask Us Anything About the Square Online Website Builder!

Update: Due to volume and complexity of the questions, this event was moved to Thursday October 14th so our product team had more time to research and answer your questions. Thanks for your understanding!

Hello everyone! 👋

On October 3rd at 10:30 AM PT/1:30PM ET October 14th at 10:30 AM PT/1:30PM ET, we hosted a Square Online website builder Q&A with @xuanhua@KSA100, and @BradS-PM  of the Square Online Product team! This was a great opportunity to ask questions specifically about the website editor used by Square Online.

AdamB_0-1632866087143.png

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 207
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Q&A: Ask Us Anything About the Square Online Website Builder!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your questions and feedback!

We ended up covering quite a lot more than just the website builder, but that’s okay! Everything you’ve shared with us will help us incorporate what you need into future updates to Square Online. If you didn’t get a reply, don’t worry - while there wasn’t time to respond individually to all comments, our product managers did read them and will consider that feedback for future updates.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap a few different themes that came up frequently:

Digital item fulfillment: Though not currently available, this is something we are working on for 2022!

Category and item page customization: You’d like to have more options to add content to category and item pages. Giving you more options to make your item and category pages look how you’d like is important, and something we're working on. Stay tuned for updates in the near future.

Video on item pages: Videos on item pages would add another dynamic way to show off your products. While we don’t yet have this as an option, you might want to consider adding 360º images to provide some more dynamic views of your products.

If you haven’t yet set up an online store through Square Online - it’s super easy! Click on the Online link in your Square Dashboard, then click on Get Started. Square Online will walk you through setting up your online store in minutes.

Square Online will be adding a lot of new features in the coming months, both to the website editor and to many other areas of Square Online. Thank you so much for your participation!

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your questions and feedback!

We ended up covering quite a lot more than just the website builder, but that’s okay! Everything you’ve shared with us will help us incorporate what you need into future updates to Square Online. If you didn’t get a reply, don’t worry - while there wasn’t time to respond individually to all comments, our product managers did read them and will consider that feedback for future updates.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap a few different themes that came up frequently:

Digital item fulfillment: Though not currently available, this is something we are working on for 2022!

Category and item page customization: You’d like to have more options to add content to category and item pages. Giving you more options to make your item and category pages look how you’d like is important, and something we're working on. Stay tuned for updates in the near future.

Video on item pages: Videos on item pages would add another dynamic way to show off your products. While we don’t yet have this as an option, you might want to consider adding 360º images to provide some more dynamic views of your products.

If you haven’t yet set up an online store through Square Online - it’s super easy! Click on the Online link in your Square Dashboard, then click on Get Started. Square Online will walk you through setting up your online store in minutes.

Square Online will be adding a lot of new features in the coming months, both to the website editor and to many other areas of Square Online. Thank you so much for your participation!

Adam

View Best Answer >

Message 202 of 207
206 REPLIES 206

Regarding the recent changes...

When you click on a different location on the top of the page it gives you the option to "start order". When you click on this is takes you to an entire new page (with items pulled that we no longer sell). Why was this change made so abruptly and how do we either A) go back to the old site or B) edit the new "start order" page.

Message 2 of 207
Admin

Hi @reidn! I took a look at your online store, but I see the same items on the order page as I do on the homepage (just in a different order, though). Is there a specific item showing that should not be showing?

Adam
Message 3 of 207

Thanks for checking. I was able to find a workaround relatively quickly. 

Message 4 of 207

Hello, I would like for the price of service to show on customer appointment  text confirmation. Currently only the date and time show. I believe the price of the service should also show on the appointment confirmation text and reminder texts. 

Message 5 of 207
Admin

Hi, @lakriesha! Is this something on your appointments booking page that you want to change, or something specifically on your Square Online site?

Adam
Message 6 of 207

On the recent changes, the Add to cart on mobile seems to be a floating button even if you have it default to the standard button on desktop. Is there a way to sync them to show the same standard button on desktop and mobile? 

LunaIntegrations
Message 7 of 207
Square

Hi @TechCowboys, what specifically about the floating add to cart button on mobile do you not like?

Message 8 of 207

It doesn't go with what I have on the desktop view. On desktop view, it is non floating, black and doesn't get in the way when scrolling. On mobile, it is blue for some reason even though I have tried to change it and doesn't go with the page layout. 

LunaIntegrations
Message 9 of 207

The floating button looks like it’s chasing you. Lol. It’s like a salesman at a tourist spot chasing you down the road to sign you up for a timeshare. 

Message 10 of 207

Hello, thank you for your time.

When will you make the email subject lines in your standard emails editable please? Or at least replace the set copy with more neutral tone of voice. It jars with our brand painfully.

Message 11 of 207
Admin

Thanks for your question, @Elliegrant! Since this Q&A was specific to the website editor, I’ll take your feedback and share it with the team that handles store emails. Great feedback!

Adam
Message 12 of 207

Will you be adding a feature so that the list of all our potential website products is alphabetical?
It’s annoying when I add a new product it appears at the end of the list of all the items I’ve ever listed on my Weebly/Square website. So I have to scroll through that list to add & edit it for my website. I update my offerings monthly and it’s time consuming without this feature. 

Message 13 of 207
Square

Hi @indyxena, are you adding items within the editor or the Square Online item library? If the latter, newly added items show up at the top of the list.

Message 14 of 207

For categories on products, right now the site has them as CATEGORY > PRODUCT A. Is there a way or will there be a way to add ALL PRODUCTS to the chain so it is ALL PRODUCTS > CATEGORY > PRODUCT A on mobile?

LunaIntegrations
Message 15 of 207
Square

Thanks for that feedback @TechCowboys. That’s something we can look into supporting.

Message 16 of 207

We recently became the official reseller for two brands. One of the needs is to be able to put their logo on the categories that house the brands. Will it ever be possible to customize specific category and product pages? 

Message 17 of 207
Square

Great question @spiralrewind. In the near future, we are looking to provide sellers with more flexibility on their category and product pages, specifically adding sections to product pages and banners to category pages. Stay tuned!

Message 18 of 207

How can I access this Q&A next week to view?

Message 19 of 207
Admin

Great question, @BASE1 ! Answers to questions here will be posted as replies right on this thread, so all you need to do is visit the thread at 10:30 AM PT on October 5th to view them.

Adam
Message 20 of 207

Hey Adam did you ever take my ask about being able to add more info and images to a online category page back to your team? And did you get a response??? 

Message 21 of 207