x
Admin

Q&A: Ask Us Anything About the Square Online Website Builder!

Update: Due to volume and complexity of the questions, this event was moved to Thursday October 14th so our product team had more time to research and answer your questions. Thanks for your understanding!

Hello everyone! 👋

On October 3rd at 10:30 AM PT/1:30PM ET October 14th at 10:30 AM PT/1:30PM ET, we hosted a Square Online website builder Q&A with @xuanhua@KSA100, and @BradS-PM  of the Square Online Product team! This was a great opportunity to ask questions specifically about the website editor used by Square Online.

AdamB_0-1632866087143.png

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 207
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Q&A: Ask Us Anything About the Square Online Website Builder!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your questions and feedback!

We ended up covering quite a lot more than just the website builder, but that’s okay! Everything you’ve shared with us will help us incorporate what you need into future updates to Square Online. If you didn’t get a reply, don’t worry - while there wasn’t time to respond individually to all comments, our product managers did read them and will consider that feedback for future updates.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap a few different themes that came up frequently:

Digital item fulfillment: Though not currently available, this is something we are working on for 2022!

Category and item page customization: You’d like to have more options to add content to category and item pages. Giving you more options to make your item and category pages look how you’d like is important, and something we're working on. Stay tuned for updates in the near future.

Video on item pages: Videos on item pages would add another dynamic way to show off your products. While we don’t yet have this as an option, you might want to consider adding 360º images to provide some more dynamic views of your products.

If you haven’t yet set up an online store through Square Online - it’s super easy! Click on the Online link in your Square Dashboard, then click on Get Started. Square Online will walk you through setting up your online store in minutes.

Square Online will be adding a lot of new features in the coming months, both to the website editor and to many other areas of Square Online. Thank you so much for your participation!

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your questions and feedback!

We ended up covering quite a lot more than just the website builder, but that’s okay! Everything you’ve shared with us will help us incorporate what you need into future updates to Square Online. If you didn’t get a reply, don’t worry - while there wasn’t time to respond individually to all comments, our product managers did read them and will consider that feedback for future updates.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap a few different themes that came up frequently:

Digital item fulfillment: Though not currently available, this is something we are working on for 2022!

Category and item page customization: You’d like to have more options to add content to category and item pages. Giving you more options to make your item and category pages look how you’d like is important, and something we're working on. Stay tuned for updates in the near future.

Video on item pages: Videos on item pages would add another dynamic way to show off your products. While we don’t yet have this as an option, you might want to consider adding 360º images to provide some more dynamic views of your products.

If you haven’t yet set up an online store through Square Online - it’s super easy! Click on the Online link in your Square Dashboard, then click on Get Started. Square Online will walk you through setting up your online store in minutes.

Square Online will be adding a lot of new features in the coming months, both to the website editor and to many other areas of Square Online. Thank you so much for your participation!

Adam

View Best Answer >

Message 202 of 207
206 REPLIES 206
Square

Thanks for your feedback! Our type system categorizes titles as similar types so it applies the same font globally. However, we value your feedback and want to make our system more flexible to create a better buyer experience. We are happy to look into the specific issue you ran into and work on a better solution for fonts.

Message 64 of 207
Beta Member

When will we have the ability to run in stock reports by vendor? We have been promised it for over 4 years.

When will we have the ability to run reports on sales trends with net figures? Gross is totally irrelevant to our needs as it doesnt take into account offers and discounts.

Thank you.

Message 65 of 207
Super Seller

Stock reports by vendor would be a feature request for the Square Retail team. 

I understand your frustrastion. Our store is facing the same challenges. 
I continue to remind the Square team how much we need this feature. 

Message 66 of 207
Beta Member

Yes I guessed it would be but they have been ignoring this for so long while still adding other bells and whistles I figure that if we keep shouting about it sooner or later someone might actually do something.

Message 67 of 207
Beta Member

Another question. How do we turn off the automatic SKU feature. It doesnt work for our needs.

Thank you

Message 68 of 207
Admin

Hi @LolaandJack! Is this something you’d like to change in the Square Dashboard when you add items there?

Adam
Message 69 of 207
Beta Member

On the Dashboard we dont want the automatic SKUs when we add a product. Most of them already have their own SKU and we just end up having to delete yours every time. If we need to make up a sku we use the first letters of the vendor to help us find the product more easily. Your skus are of no use to us and just add to the procedure so we would like to toggle off that feature.

On the POS we really like to be able to add a product by scanning the SKU but we need to be able to add the vendor there so that we dont have to them go into the dashboard as well.

Message 70 of 207

Hi there,

Since the update it messed up getting to my shopping page. I have both a square appointment page and a shopping page. Before from my website a client could choose the shopping page or the booking page. Now when they click on the shopping page it takes them to the booking page where they then need to click on the menu from the booking page to get to the shopping page. It’s an extra step and not very intuitive if they want to get to the shopping page. I’m not really sure how to fix it from my website or the square site. 
www.tranquilityskin.com if you want to see what I mean. 
thank you!

Lori

Message 71 of 207
Admin

Hi, @tranquilityskin. I think you just need to update the “shop” link on the main website to use: https://tranquilityskin.square.site/s/shop

That should take customers directly to the shop page rather than the main page of your Square Online site.

Adam
Message 72 of 207
Super Seller

How do we set up different delivery costs for postcodes zip codes in your area?

How can you alter the shape of radius - - when using radius as delivery - we have 3 small rivers and 1 massive channel  making it a 3 hour round trip if we expand to 4 miles. 

is there a clearer way for the purchaser to see when the delivery can made - like Valentine’s Day - Mother’s Day without making an item date specific - without making it into an event? 

is it possible to omit some text or imagery for mobile view 

what is the optimum pixel

size for imagery - grid layout eg - full scape    Desktop. Full scape. Mobile. 

is it possible to make a navigation bar sub header not a page and just a title header for the sub menu to be displayed underneath. 

Message 73 of 207
Admin

Great to see you on this Q&A, @Twiggy! Regarding delivery radius and how delivery dates are shown, I’ll share that feedback with the team that works on those. As for optimal image size, I would go with images that are at least 1000 pixels on any side - this should make sure they look good on any screen size. With your navigation, were you looking to have a dropdown menu?

I’ll defer to @xuanhua regarding hiding content on mobile. 🙂

Adam
Message 74 of 207
Square

Great feedback for these design specific requests. They all make sense and we will consider it in the near future!

Message 75 of 207
Beta Member

Hello, I am a florist and we have an issues with dates for pick ups and deliveries. We don’t need times of anything just for the customer to easy select a date on a calendar of when they want to collect or get delivery. We use modifiers at the moment and it’s messy generally, customers are always typing in the wrong date. I am new to using Square and this is a real issue for my business as though we now have a physical shop we are mostly online. 

Message 76 of 207
Super Seller

Can we set up a florist network. 

Message 77 of 207
Beta Member

Yes sure, that would be really helpful 😊

Message 78 of 207
Super Seller

Hey all in this. I’d happily be beta iOS. Os and more to create square flower - I’ve 30 years of industry background and understand the needs for florists. Our industry works like restaurants and beauty offering product with service. However our product prices change daily due to currency exchange rates. I’d be honoured to help florists choose square rather than rely on a single global software florist platform that makes every florist website look the same. 

Message 79 of 207
Super Seller

@TFP In my business, meat, poultry, cheese, etc. delivery, we do not need delivery times either as we do not know what hour I get the items.

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 80 of 207
Square

Hi @TFP. Square Online does support scheduling for pickup orders in a calendar view so there is no need to do this as part of your modifiers. Go to your Square Online dashboard and navigate to Fulfillment > Pickup & Delivery > Edit (for each location you are enabling) > Order timing. From Order timing you should be able to setup scheduling for pickup orders.

Message 81 of 207

At what point will we be able to add a video of product alongside the product pages and not just link YouTube videos? 

Message 82 of 207
Square

Thanks for your questions @manosg617. Adding the ability to upload a video to the video section is on the horizon. Thanks for your patience!

Message 83 of 207

Would like to see an intro blurb with perhaps photo options for each category we list - this way for businesses that want to share an inspiration or story they can as a group/category and not have to repeat indivially in product description. 

Message 84 of 207