x
Admin

Q&A: Ask Us Anything About the Square Online Website Builder!

Update: Due to volume and complexity of the questions, this event was moved to Thursday October 14th so our product team had more time to research and answer your questions. Thanks for your understanding!

Hello everyone! 👋

On October 3rd at 10:30 AM PT/1:30PM ET October 14th at 10:30 AM PT/1:30PM ET, we hosted a Square Online website builder Q&A with @xuanhua@KSA100, and @BradS-PM  of the Square Online Product team! This was a great opportunity to ask questions specifically about the website editor used by Square Online.

AdamB_0-1632866087143.png

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 1 of 207
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Q&A: Ask Us Anything About the Square Online Website Builder!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your questions and feedback!

We ended up covering quite a lot more than just the website builder, but that’s okay! Everything you’ve shared with us will help us incorporate what you need into future updates to Square Online. If you didn’t get a reply, don’t worry - while there wasn’t time to respond individually to all comments, our product managers did read them and will consider that feedback for future updates.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap a few different themes that came up frequently:

Digital item fulfillment: Though not currently available, this is something we are working on for 2022!

Category and item page customization: You’d like to have more options to add content to category and item pages. Giving you more options to make your item and category pages look how you’d like is important, and something we're working on. Stay tuned for updates in the near future.

Video on item pages: Videos on item pages would add another dynamic way to show off your products. While we don’t yet have this as an option, you might want to consider adding 360º images to provide some more dynamic views of your products.

If you haven’t yet set up an online store through Square Online - it’s super easy! Click on the Online link in your Square Dashboard, then click on Get Started. Square Online will walk you through setting up your online store in minutes.

Square Online will be adding a lot of new features in the coming months, both to the website editor and to many other areas of Square Online. Thank you so much for your participation!

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello Everyone,

Thanks again for taking the time to share your questions and feedback!

We ended up covering quite a lot more than just the website builder, but that’s okay! Everything you’ve shared with us will help us incorporate what you need into future updates to Square Online. If you didn’t get a reply, don’t worry - while there wasn’t time to respond individually to all comments, our product managers did read them and will consider that feedback for future updates.

As we wrap up this event, we wanted to recap a few different themes that came up frequently:

Digital item fulfillment: Though not currently available, this is something we are working on for 2022!

Category and item page customization: You’d like to have more options to add content to category and item pages. Giving you more options to make your item and category pages look how you’d like is important, and something we're working on. Stay tuned for updates in the near future.

Video on item pages: Videos on item pages would add another dynamic way to show off your products. While we don’t yet have this as an option, you might want to consider adding 360º images to provide some more dynamic views of your products.

If you haven’t yet set up an online store through Square Online - it’s super easy! Click on the Online link in your Square Dashboard, then click on Get Started. Square Online will walk you through setting up your online store in minutes.

Square Online will be adding a lot of new features in the coming months, both to the website editor and to many other areas of Square Online. Thank you so much for your participation!

Adam

View Best Answer >

Message 202 of 207
206 REPLIES 206
Admin

Hey again! Your feedback should have been included with other feedback about customizing category pages. @spiralrewind asked the same question above, so stay tuned for a response!

Adam
Message 22 of 207

Soooooo? Any answer? Or do have link to where this question has been answered? 

Thanks!

Message 23 of 207
Beta Member

Regarding Subscriptions, will it soon be possible to add a "Subscription" item as an actual catalog item (as opposed to having to send/share a link)? I would like to be able to offer subscriptions for freshly roasted coffee, and I would like for my customers to be able to browse subscription options just like they do my coffee selections, then choose the subscription that makes the most sense for them. I've seen this requested in your support forums for a couple of years now, so I'm hoping there's some movement/progress you can share regarding it. Thanks!

Message 24 of 207
Square

Hi @hermetheuscoffe  - the ability to offer subscriptions is a top priority for Square Online and something we are actively working on. Our goal is to provide robust subscriptions in your item catalog for purchase on your site while also enabling self-service options for your customers so that they can log onto your site and manage their subscription(s). We hope to deliver initial functionality in early spring 2022.

Message 25 of 207
Beta Member

Fantastic news, and exactly what I was hoping to hear! Thank you for addressing this, Brad. 

Message 26 of 207
Super Seller

How can I validate that all my online items have a catagory assigned to them. I have a large Library over 800 items.

Message 27 of 207
Admin

Thanks for your question, @JTPets. You can do this from within the POS app, Square for Retail app, or individual order pages in Square Online. See this thread on printing packing slips for more information.

Adam
Message 28 of 207
Super Seller

@AdamB no, I want to ensure they are categorized in the website not for the pos. I want to ensure an item has a catagory assigned to it for the online store.

Message 29 of 207
Admin

Ok. You can assign categories to items in bulk in Square Online. Go to Items > Item Library, then click the checkbox at the top of the list or individually for items. Click on the bulk actions dropdown that appears on the top right of the list of items, then choose the option to add to categories. 

Adam
Message 30 of 207
Super Seller

In square dashboard I can filter for items uncategorized. Can this not be implemented for the website?

Message 31 of 207
Beta Member

Why don't I have this feature to print packing lists from my computer>

Message 32 of 207
Square

Hi @JTPets, there isn’t an easy way to do this in Square Online today. We will consider adding a filter so that you can quickly view uncategorized items. Will this solution work for you?

Message 33 of 207
Super Seller

Yes, filter for uncategorized would be amazing. Thanks

Message 34 of 207
Beta Member

I need a method to produce packing slips for my shipments.  Is there any plan for this?

Message 35 of 207

Thanks Adam,

My real concern is having a true functional customer based "subscription" that they can use throughout the website without our interaction, unless needed for cancelation or another purpose. 

This the major hang up I have. 

Most everyone else that hosts an e-commerce site had this integrated easily.  If it isn't integrated soon, I will seriously consider moving my e commerce. ( not meant to be a threat, just honesty) 

I don't have many other issues with e commerce otherwise.  Hopefully there will be a listen later option as well, I will be tied up in production most of next week.  

Message 36 of 207
Square

Hi @CrescentMT - the ability to offer subscriptions is a top priority for Square Online and something we are actively working on. Our goal is to provide robust subscriptions in your item catalog for purchase on your site while also enabling self-service options for your customers so that they can log onto your site and manage their subscription(s). We hope to deliver initial functionality in early spring 2022.

Message 37 of 207
Beta Member

I had a meeting with an SEO expert and he said my pages were loading at a 5 (he felt they should be loading at a 65).  I looked through the community and saw others had the same issue.  Was there ever a fix for that?  Thank you!

Message 38 of 207

You're definitely not alone MagpieIdaho. I've run mobile speed tests on my site as well, and got a poor rating. I've reached out to customer support about this, but was told that there is not much I could do on my end with the site builder to resolve this other than compress my images 😞

Message 39 of 207
Super Seller

I wonder where is the Square online store hosted? If it was Amazon Web Services (AWS) it should be blazing fast

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 40 of 207
Beta Member

Considering that image size is one of the few things I (probably?) can control, I guess that makes sense.  Have you tried compressing images?

Message 41 of 207

HI MagpieIdaho! Yes, I´ve compressed them, but that didn´t seem to make a difference.

Message 42 of 207