x
Admin

Q&A: Ask us anything about Square Online Fulfilment

Hello Seller Community!

On Wednesday, August 18th at 5PM BST, we hosted a Square Online Fulfilment Q&A with :

• Kevin Taniguchi, an engineer on the Shipping & Store Setup Team 
  • Alex Smith, the Product Manager for the Shipping & Store Setup Team. 
  • Faheem Zaman, the Product Manager for Pickup & Delivery
  • Lisa Fong, the Product Manager for Self-Serve Ordering

Together, they have answered all your questions about Square Online Fulfilment settings, from shipping to pickup, delivery and self-serve ordering.

You can learn more about Square Online here

Ask us about Square Online Fulfilment

A few example questions:

• How can I restrict my shipping destinations?
  • What’s the best fulfilment setup for a retail business/restaurants, etc.?

We’d also love to hear what new shipping & fulfilment features would you like to see! 

Note on account-specific questions: For your privacy and security, we are not able to address issues related to specific account status details in our public forums. If you need account assistance, please contact our Customer Success team and they'll be able to take a deeper dive.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 111
Report Inappropriate Content
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you everyone who participated in our Q&A yesterday and special thanks to @alexws @faheem @ktaniguchi-sq and @lfong for joining us. You’ve given us great suggestions on how we can improve Square Online site and our Square offerings as well, and we’ll be sure to share this with the wider team.

To wrap up, here’s a summary of a few themes I saw in the questions:

Integration with Royal Mail
We completely understand that fulfilling shipping orders without an integration with Royal Mail is very tedious and laborious. We don’t have a firm date that we can share at the moment, but it is a feature we are actively scoping. We’d love to include you in our beta of this integration once it is ready to get your early feedback.

Order email and customer communication
While Square Messaging is not available in the UK at the moment, you can add a personal touch to your customer communications by editing your store emails.

Automatic discounts & more coupon types
We are actively working on allowing for group discounts, automatic discounts (similar to how discounts work on Point of Sale app) and specific coupon types for fulfilment methods. We do not have a firm timeline for when these will be available, but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

More granular fulfilment settings
Features like setting fulfilment at an item level, charging by postal code, pre-order or setting cut-off time have been requested by a number of sellers. We’re actively working on rolling out a number of these, so please keep an eye for future Product Updates (and don’t forget to join our Beta Community to test our new feature as well).

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 100 of 111
Super Seller

Best Answer

Is there a way we delay the review requests for pre order items, without switching off the auto review email function. It confuses our customers when they pre-order and buy something then get a review request a few weeks later, but the item hasn't been dispatched yet. Many thanks

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk

View Best Answer >

Message 104 of 111
110 REPLIES 110
Beta Member

I get copied on a new order email sent to the customer. Would it be possible to be copied on ALL emails sent to a customer. Thank you.

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 2 of 111
Super Seller

I'd like this too, gives a peace of mind that everything has been processed correctly.

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 3 of 111
Super Seller

Ditto in Square Invoices and Square Appointments.

Alex Jessey
Message 4 of 111
Square

Hi @tonydow, unfortunately this isn’t possible today as we can only send you a copy of a new order email that is sent to your customer. Can you please tell us a little more about this request? Which kinds of emails specifically would you like better visibility into and why?

Alex
Product Manager
Message 5 of 111
Beta Member

Hi @alexws i need to be copied for any emails sent on my behalf to a customer, status updates, receipts, everything. If there is ever a query regarding an order, I need to see exactly what emails the customer has received. If it can be done for a new order, surely it is possible to do it for other events.

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 6 of 111
Super Seller

I'd really like to see new shipping options, like the ones Printful use that prices shipping by product quantity, they then charge the highest cost as the main shipping cost and then other items at a separate lower fee for being the second item going to one place, this is a tool I need when my products are coming from different locations to the customer in one order as well as the fact that I have to ship all my products differently so no single cost fits them all and I don't want to have to overcharge on shipping just incase someone orders a more expensive product, I currently have two shipping setups using weight, but it's too inefficient.

I hope you could consider this point and you also see the urgency for such a thing being included in Square Online!

For more information on how I want shipping costs to work, please view this link and scroll to step 2 which explains shipping calculation in simple yet thorough steps: https://www.printful.com/shipping

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 7 of 111

Oh yes this would be a huge help for me! I have a couple of products that cost me a lot more to ship the the others - would be really useful to be able to set different rates for the different items! Please do definitely consider this, I'm sure there's many more people in the same position as myself and Matt!

Message 8 of 111
Square

Hi @MJD, we’re launching a new feature next month that will allow you to define how much to charge for shipping for specific items, which should help give you much more flexibility with your shipping options. Keep an eye out for this update soon!

And thank you for sharing the example of how Printful charges for shipping. Charging a smaller fee for each additional product is an interesting idea and isn’t something we’ve considered before, but we’ll look into how we might be able to support this.

Alex
Product Manager
Message 9 of 111
Square

Hi @MJD, just following up to let you know that we're rolling out the feature that allows you to define how much to charge for shipping for specific items, and I've enabled your account for the feature. To try it out, go to Square Online and click on Fulfillment > Shipping > Add shipping profile, and then choose "Custom profile". If you have any feedback please let us know!

Alex
Product Manager
Message 10 of 111
Super Seller

Yes then!!!

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 11 of 111
Super Seller

Pickup and Deliveries..

for restaurants, they would like to offer special discounts/coupons for Pickups.. but not for deliveries.

How can this be done?

Message 12 of 111
Square

Currently we do not have a specific Coupon Type for Pickup orders. However the way you message the coupon to your customers makes a big difference! We’ve seen many sellers in their marketing communications, create custom coupon codes such as [“PICKUP20” to receive 20% off your pickup order] and customers know to apply the coupon code for Pickup orders only.

Message 13 of 111
Super Seller

Thanks,

Exactly.. we want to promote customers to order for pickups more than deliveries. and want to offer them coupon for pickups.

But there is no way to restrict same coupon to be invalid for Delivery orders.. 

Message 14 of 111
Super Seller

Hi - main one for me and I am sure many other UK customers….

Shipping Label - Integration with Royal Mail Click and Drop. We would like a update on when this is coming as a third party solution is not what we wanted/needed! 

I would like to know when this is going to be implemented and why it is taking so long for what I have been told is a simply integration. All your competitors offer this to UK businesses! We don’t want another “we can’t give you a date - or it’s coming soon” we want a robust update with where the feature is currently and a proper timeline! It’s unfair on Tra and the team who are constantly hammered by us as we get increasingly frustrated - so would be nice to have an update direct from the Product Managers please!

Craig
Signature Home
Follow me on Instagram
Message 15 of 111

Yes, THIS! We are desperate for this feature also. We have to export orders to then import them into MyHermes/Royal Mail and it honestly takes up so much time and effort. Others have access to this feature and its desperately needed for us in the UK.

Message 16 of 111

This is the question I had come on to ask! Royal Mail or Hermes would work for me, but it's massively time consuming to do in the current way. 

Message 17 of 111
Super Seller

Another nice one would be would it be possible to add an integration for Trust Pilot in the UK? 

signature_home_0-1629236359552.png

Craig
Signature Home
Follow me on Instagram
Message 18 of 111

Hello

Trustpilot is working on an integration button right now to be able to put into Square online sites, it doesn't say how long it will be yet but knowing trustpilot quite well it should be ready to add in around 3-7 weeks from now, if you do add trustpilot you may want to see if you would be better to knock off the reviews from with a square online site as you may annoy customers with a whole bunch of emails asking for reviews, it's something to think about

Message 19 of 111
Super Seller

Integrate with InXpress please. 

Alex Jessey
Message 20 of 111
Square

Hi @signature_home, I hear you on the shipping integration with Royal Mail and understand that fulfilling shipping orders without this feature is very tedious and laborious. We don’t have a firm date that we can share at the moment, but it is a feature we are actively scoping. We’d love to include you in our beta of this integration once it is ready to get your early feedback.

Alex
Product Manager
Message 21 of 111