x
Square

Submit a Question for Square's Third Quarter Earnings Call

Hi Sellers,

Square is hosting our third quarter earnings conference call on Wednesday, November 7th, 2018. On the call, we will be taking questions from both shareholders and sellers. If you have a question, please put it in the comments below!

Below are a few examples of past seller questions we've answered on the call:

• How secure are offline payments?
  • Would Square consider partnering with commercial properties to create space for sellers to have pop ups?

• Are we able to pay for Square Register through daily/weekly payments? 

For those of you who just want to listen, you can find dial-in information on our Investor Relations website.

Thanks, as always, for being a Square seller.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Is true debit card processing ever going to come to the states as it has in Canada?  Running Debit cards as credit is much more costly.  Running as a debit could save me thousands based on the 10¢ cost to run a debit card as a tap payment in Canada.

Robert Van Kalker

Van Kalker Farms

Message 2 of 5

Square's general strategy appers to be focused on implementing new services (appointments, marketing, capital, etc.). I suspect the idea is to capture more users and expand the client base, which is understandable. But at some point, will Square shift its overall strategy away from new services to focus on more deeply developing its existing services? If so, what conditions might bring about such a shift in focus?

Message 3 of 5

When can we expect Square to begin listening to the needs of their customers, and implementing features that have been requested time and time again?  It seems that by giving the same "we will pass this along to our product development team" answer, or marking questions as solved which have not actually been solved, that Square is not really interested in the needs of their customers.

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

@jheintz21, thanks for your comments and question. You're not the first one to ask a question like this, and we are working on ways to improve our communication in addition to continuing to improve our products.

It sounds like a lot of the frustration you're feeling is around how things are presented here in the Seller Community. I agree with you - we could do a better job showing when progress has been and making it easier for Square customers to figure out the status of various requests. Sometimes we will mark something as "Best Answer" when we want to make sure everyone sees the most recent response from Square. This is especially useful for those long threads that are hard to sort through. I know it may be a bit of a misnomer, since the request may not actually be completed, but that's the best we have to work with right now. That being said, we are moving towards some ways to show statuses of requests more clearly and will begin updating the community in the coming weeks with new functionality. 

Again, I appreciate your comments. Thank you for taking the time to post. 

Message 5 of 5