x
Beta Member

Confusion about Square Appointments Text Messaging

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "Square text message makes no sense"

I canceled a client's appointment. The client showed me the text that Square sent. It said, "Hit [Customer Name], [business] has canceled your appointment for [date time]. Visit [link] to book again or explore other ways of supporting us." I support my clients. I don't ask them to support me, and I certainly don't ask them to explore ways to support me in connection with canceling an appointment. I see from the Community and from calling tech support that I can't customize Square's text messages. I cannot imagine that businesses want to ask their customers to explore supporting them generally, much less in connection with canceling an appointment. 

The support person told me that getting this changed needs to be a feature request. I could not understand most of what he said, and I could not tell if he submitted a feature request. So, I'm posting here, hoping for any community suggestions on how to get the text message revised. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hi @suslyb 

You can only change/modify email notifications to your customers from the Appointments > Communication section.  There is no way still currently of editing text notifications, this has been a feature request for over 5 years now.  Most likely the customer service rep did not submit a request for you, but you are more than welcome to submit/reply to the request here .  

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

I understand that I can't customize the automatic text messages. Although that would be a good feature, that is not what I am asking for. I am asking for the default, non-customizable language to be changed for everyone. I can't imagine that sellers who cancel a client's appointment want to be asking the client to explore ways to support the seller. That is what the text says. It makes no sense at all. First, as a seller, I'm the one supporting my clients through the services I provide. Second, there can be many reasons a client cancels an appointment. They might simply have a scheduling conflict, for example. This is not an occasion to ask them to explore how they can support me. 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @suslyb - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Comm

At this time, the ability to customize these messages would be considered a feature request. Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to you and your business.

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

I fully agree with this, I HATE that my clients are assuming that I'm basically begging them for donations or whatever else that message implies. Why would they cancel an appointment with us and then go out of their way to 'support' us, as if we're either failing or a charity? This seems like a relatively easy and simple thing for Square to remove, I can't believe anyone would actually want that message going out to their clients. I also think a lot of Square businesses aren't even aware of it, as it only shows up on the clients' side of the message. I called about it as well and was told there's no way to remove it, but I don't believe that. I don't want anyone representing or speaking for my business except myself and my team. Please remove it!    🙂

Message 5 of 5