x
Beta Member

Individual Team Member Sales Report in App Issues

Up until a month and a half ago, I was able to pull up daily sales reports for individual team members on my appointments app and on my Square register.

When I pull up the report now, it show's $0.00, which is incorrect. Their sales are being tracked because I can see them reflected on the desktop version of the sales reports and they are reflected in payroll accurately.

I need the information to be available on the Appointments App and the register so that I can pay my stylists their tips that were collected that day.

1. My alternative is to go through every single transaction and add the tips together. The concern is that errors can be made and it's time consuming.
  2. Or log into my desktop to get the number. The concern here is, I'm not always available to log in to my account and I do not want to give access to my square account to anyone else.

What I've done over the last 6 weeks to fix this: 

• I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. My version is not the issue, as it is happening on my register as well. Of which, I've turned off an on, logged out and back in.
  • I have called customer service and they are unable to understand my issue, and those who do understand my issue say that it is above their pay grade, and they give me directions to pull up my team report to get the numbers.

I'm extremely frustrated. Is anyone else having this issue? Does anyone have any input that would help me move forward and get this ability back?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

We have been having the same issue! The only work around we have been able to find is by assigning each team member their own pass code to unlock the register to check out their clients and then log out. 
The issue that arises from there is that we are about to hire a front desk person, so short of that person having access to every single persons code, we are back at square one again. If the front desk person uses her code, it’ll track the sales to her and throw off all the other stylists reporting. 
it’s very frustrating

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Just made a post about this exact issue!! The only work around we have found is to make every stylist log into the computer using their own personal code to check their person out and then log out. 

but then that brings up the issue of when we have a front desk person. We can expect a front desk person to know every stylists individual code. There has to be a way to fix this so that sales get tracked correctly to the right stylist without having to log in and out of every transaction. 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

We have a square register. Right now there are three stylists. When we don’t require passcodes to access the computer, all the sales get marked as “unattributed” or “untracked team member” and all the sale reporting is completely thrown off. When we do require stylists to use their passcode, then it tracks the sale to whoever is logged in. 
We are in the process of hiring a front desk person and more stylists.  What settings are we over looking that will track all sales to the stylist that each stylist who completes a service without having each person log in separately? Like we can expect a front desk person to have to log in using each stylists personal code just to ensure that appointments are tracked to the right person. 

Commissions are tracked correctly when tickets are closed, but the reporting is all messed up without the use of personal codes. Can anyone help? 

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Hi @DaileyWellness.  You are not overlooking a setting because, currently, there is not one.  The only way for a transaction to be closed to each stylist is for that stylist (or your front desk person) to sign in using the stylist’s code and close the transaction.  This is the way Square is designed.

Normally, I’d recommend that you go to the Ideate Board and post a feature request there.  But I already know beyond any doubt that this has already been done.  So, at this point the best/easiest thing for you to do is to have a list of stylist codes at your front desk and train your front desk person how to close sales correctly.  Keep in mind that there is currently also no way to change a transaction after payment is completed.

One more thing that might help.  You can configure your POS to automatically sign out after a transaction is completed.  That way they have to sign in using the correct employee code each time.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

“Take what you like, take what works, leave the rest!”
Message 5 of 5