x

Square Loan: IS there was a way to increase my loan?

I currently have a loan for substantially less than what I qualified for and I was wondering if there was a way to increase my loan 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

The title of this thread has been updated from: "Capital loan"

Can you up your capital Loan ? While you have one going

Message 2 of 14
Super Seller

no, loans are one time offers for the amount issued.  if you pay this one off over time the next one could be bigger if you are offered one.

Message 3 of 14
Super Seller

There is not a way to increase a loan after you accept the offer even if the offer was for a larger amount.

Message 4 of 14

I took advantage of the Square Captial a few days ago and only took 1/4 of the amount offered. I want to actually take some more out after more thought but I dont see an option to increase or take more out. Do I have to wait? Was it a one and done deal?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 14
Super Seller Alumni

You will not be able to increase your loan size (at least) until this one is substantially paid off.  Once you accepted a certain amount, you are stuck with it.

Here's the link to Square's Capital Loan program web site.  You'll find everything you need to know about the program there.

Judy T Shumway
Message 6 of 14
Admin

Hey @UncensoredHair

@GlassJudy's is correct. If you think of any other specific questions about your loan, you can always contact our Capital Team!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 14

Can I increase my loan

Message 8 of 14
Super Seller Alumni

Unfortunately, no you can't once you've accepted the loan and had the funds deposited into your bank account.  Here's a link to Square's Capital FAQ page where this is stated: scroll down to the section: Can I change my loan amount after funds have been deposited?

Judy T Shumway
Message 9 of 14

How can I extend my lone?

Message 10 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Gusic,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

Any Capital account specific questions should be relayed to the Capital team directly and you can reach them here

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 14

I am disappointed in the amount of loan you are giving me what can I do to increase it.

Message 12 of 14
Super Seller

Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to loans/offers.  What you can try if you haven't already.  Is let the first offer sit and go away.  Continue processing sales and doing business as usual give it a few days to a week and see if they offer again with a larger amount. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 13 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi @highway66

Thank you for your question and being a part of the Seller Community.

We can’t increase your business’s current loan offer.

The current maximum offer is the highest loan amount available to your business at this time. Offer availability and sizes are based on many different factors including, but not limited to, your current payment processing volume, your customer mix, and your Square account history. We cannot predict if or when your business may receive a higher offer.

If you choose not to move forward with your current offer, your account will continue to be evaluated for offers.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us.

Cameron
The Square Banking Team
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.
Message 14 of 14