x

Square Loan Offer Gone/Expired

Why did my square loan offer from a month ago disappear?! There’s been no change in sales and no disputes. I was waiting to accept the offer until my November event!

The offer was less than half of previous offers even though my sales are higher. What is square up to now?!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Square Loan Offer Gone

Hi @trudy,

Thanks for reaching out with this question.

A common reason that a business’s loan offer may expire is if the business no longer meets the offer eligibility criteria. Offer eligibility is largely based on current payment processing data, which means eligibility can change as frequently as a business does. For example, you may see your current offers expire if your processing has slowed down.

Accounts are evaluated for offer eligibility based on many different factors including, but not limited to, current payment processing volume, customer mix, and Square account history.

You can learn more about how your business may become eligible for a loan offer through Square Loans on our Support Center.

If you have specific questions about your account, please contact us directly and we'd be happy to assist you! 

1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @trudy,

A common reason that a business’s loan offer may expire is if the business no longer meets the offer eligibility criteria. Offer eligibility is largely based on current payment processing data, which means eligibility can change as frequently as a business does. For example, you may see your current offers expire if your processing has slowed down.

Accounts are evaluated for offer eligibility based on many different factors including, but not limited to, current payment processing volume, customer mix, and Square account history.

You can learn more about how your business may become eligible for a loan offer through Square Loans on our Support Center.

If you have specific questions about your account, please contact us directly and we'd be happy to assist you! 

Liz
Square Loans Team
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

Hi @trudy,

Liz
Square Loans Team
Message 2 of 8

We were offered a new loan but we do not want to accept without taking the time to evaluate risk vs benefit.  We just want to make sure we need it first.  

how long will the offer stay active?  We have reached our current loan minimum through February 27.

Message 3 of 8

Hi @BarNbistro

Thank you for your question. 

Offers through Square Loans are only available for a limited time. We are constantly evaluating your account (even if you have an active offer). You’ll continue to see an offer for as long as you are eligible. Offers are based on a variety of factors, including recent Square processing volume, payment frequency, outstanding balance, and account activity.

If you have any questions, please contact us.

Thank you, 

Cameron
The Square Banking Team

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.
Message 4 of 8

I literally had a Square Loan disappear the same day it appeared. I got the notice, decided to plug in the amount and accept, and it was gone. That seems odd to say the least. 

Message 5 of 8
Community Team

Hello @phospholipid77,

Sorry to hear about your situation. 

We have messaged you directly regarding this matter. 

Please contact us directly if you have any other questions.

Nancy__
Square Loans Team

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.
Message 6 of 8

I completed paying off my square loan and received an offer. While I was deciding if I should accept the next offer and have another loan, the loan offer expired....I now need that second square loan to accomplish the next growth stage of my business. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for another square loan offer to come once one has expired?

Message 7 of 8
Community Team

Hello @BloomEsthetics1,

Thanks for reaching out!

I’ve passed your case along to the appropriate team who can help you further with your loan inquiry. You should hear back from them shortly via email.

Jules
Square Loans Team

Message 8 of 8