x

How can square captal help me build my credit personal or business. To Help me grow to the next leve

I have been getting these loans and its ok but Square loans dont help me get a new food truck or buy my own kitchen or event start my own restaurant. Its mostly patch jobs that is a great help dont get me wrong. I asked a banker I want to get a loan to help expand my business I had no business credit. I told him I get thousands from square and paid them back and he smiled and said square dont help you because they do not report your occomplishment. So we stay as a no body.

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Unfortunately, using Square's Capital program doesn't affect your credit score.  Here's your question asked and answered in the FAQ section of Square's Capital site:

Does a loan through Square Capital help me build my credit score?

A loan through Square Capital doesn’t impact your credit score, either negatively or positively. We can provide a letter of completion after full repayment of your loan, but you will not see an impact to your credit score.

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Unfortunately, using Square's Capital program doesn't affect your credit score.  Here's your question asked and answered in the FAQ section of Square's Capital site:

Does a loan through Square Capital help me build my credit score?

A loan through Square Capital doesn’t impact your credit score, either negatively or positively. We can provide a letter of completion after full repayment of your loan, but you will not see an impact to your credit score.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 5

But if Square is for the little guy why not. Loans we get from square is alot why not do more. Square is the first on everything why not this.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

I can only assume they're doing what's best for them.  I agree that once you've established your ability to repay a loan, you should be given priority for another, but Square doesn't seem to work that way.

I hope you get another offer soon!

Judy T Shumway
Message 4 of 5
Square

Hi @VAsmallbusiness! Regina from the Square Capital Team here, thanks for posting and sharing your experience. At this time, we do not report to the credit bureaus, but I completely understand where you are coming from. We have had merchants like yourself request for us to start reporting. While it is not something we do now, I will be sure to share your request with the rest of my team while we continue to improve our products.

Message 5 of 5