x

I Don't Understand - Capital?

Hello Anyone Who Might Be Able to Help:

Our business has been using Square for over three years and started received our first Capital offer in April 2017.  Then we received our second offer well before the first was paid in October 2017 and a third in January 2018.  Each time a larger offer with pay-off of any balance on the previous loan.  Its beeen nearlytwo months since we paid-off the last one - and nothing!  We have called, emailed, requested follow-ups - nothing - we hear crickets.  We receive the standard response of "this is an automated system and keep processing" but still no offers.  We love Square Capital as part of our Square suite of products and services making this so hard to understand.

What did we do wrong to not receive any offer at all?  We always paid on time and in two cases paid early - was that a mistake? We had a few refunds this year but nothing major - why are we not getting offers the way we did before?  All our business friends and colleagues are getting offers like they previously have - not us.  We have asked and asked and asked for an explaination so that we can make corrections or do something differently but without an explanation, we have no clue what to do.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let us know.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Same thing here! We have been paid off for three months, making more now than when I was offered the first loan. Acount as far I know is in very good standings. A part of me feels relieve (hope you do as well) that Im not the only one being ignored apparentely. But yes is very frustrating to only receive a generic response from them. They should at least help their customers with hints on what sections your account needs tweeking. 

Im sorry you are expericnecing the same dissapointment. Hope all worksout for both of us and all those on the same boat!

Message 2 of 5

Thank you so much for your reply, Lucysromenabe, and yes its comforting to know that there are others like us out there.  We have tried and tried to figure out what we are doing wrong to suddenly be so out of favor.  What metrics are we not meeting that caused us to suddenly be ineligible?

You know, we do a fair amount of our class registrations and student publication purchasing on-line and that has to go through a different merchant services provider because of the format we use for our site. If I thought for one instance that the day-to-day activity thru our e-commerce were to make a difference in how we are "seen" by the Square Capital decision-makers, we would certainly consider going through the painful process of making a switch, including spending the money to move to another web format, but when we have no clue at all if that is even a factor or not, we cannot afford the risk that a major change would create without a truly results-driven purpose to do so.

I hope someone from Capital is reading all of this - if so, please shed light on your customers who are asking for your guidance - to utilize your tools to the best of our ability. Your services have helped small businesses all over the country make a lot of money and, in turn, we have made you a lot of money through devoted loyalty to using your products and services. It's sad to have loyal customers with proven loan repayment records, like the two of us, have to go through another Capital lender for business growth.  Help us, help you, make us all prosperous and show us that customer loyalty means something to you.  

Message 3 of 5

Exactly! They should at least could let us know where is the error coming from. I personally do every single transaction throught Square. I have made this company quite a few pennies this year with all my processing that is for sure!

Message 4 of 5
Square

Hey there @donnaklein1817, thank you so much for posting. I understand your frustration regarding loan eligibility. I just wanted to let you know that there are real people reading these posts and we hear your concerns. Unfortunately, as I am sure you are aware of since you’ve been in touch with our team, we cannot go into specifics about eligibility because the information used is based on a proprietary underwriting model. Please know that all loans are treated individually so eligibility, timing, and loan offers may vary. We appreciate you taking the time to post and I will be sure to share your feedback with my team. 

Message 5 of 5