x

Square Capital First Offer

My business has been growing and I’ve just reached $10,000 in sales over the last 3 months. I know Capital offers don’t have set requirements, but how soon do most people see their first offer after processing over $10,000?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Hi @AD_Heather

Thank you for your post and your interest in Square Capital.

Congrats on the growth and success of your business! Please know that each offer is unique and the timing of eligibility varies between Square merchants.

Loan eligibility is based on a variety of factors related to your business, including its payment processing volume, account history, and payment frequency. To learn more about how you may become eligible for a loan through Square Capital, please see this post in our Town Square blog. As stated in the post, there is not a set timeframe to become eligible, but your account should to be active long enough for us to spot trends in your business.

Keep up the good work and if you are eligible for a Square Capital loan, you will be notified directly.

Message 2 of 6

Thank you. My business is growing steadily each week and have done over $12,000 in transactions within the last  3 months now. I'm hoping I get an offer soon! 

Message 3 of 6

Congrats on the new business! I can't speak on the different variables Square uses to assess each account. I do about $50k a month in sales and I haven't received an offer yet. 

Message 4 of 6

I'm running about 10k-20k a month and haven't received one either just keep growing your business !!

Message 5 of 6

Surely you have some good news for me.  I have received and accepted two previous small offers. All went well.  I currently have another offer, but I won't accept it.  I have "outgrown" it in my opinion.  I do not know how they qualify you or the factors as I can't get specifics on how.  What I do know is since my launch of this location in March of 2019, I process an average of $13,000 a month.  My offer currently is $5500 at 14.5%.  Now... their disclaimer states that it's based on an estimated repayment of 1 year with a maximum term of 18 months.  To me, those numbers just don't add up.  Based on my last 3 months, I would have the $5500 paid back in less than 90 days.

Here is kinda why I am perturbed by this... I have two business associates that run identical companies in different markets.  One market processes about half of what I do and his offer was $12,500.  The other market processes about the same (sometimes I am a little higher and sometimes they are) and that location offer was $25,000.  Due to this, I am currently looking at other processors... Stripe for example.  Anyhow, Square doesn't corner the market with this, almost all payment processors have partnered with financial institutions and offer capital loans just as Square does. 😉

Message 6 of 6