x
Highlighted
Admin

The Square Cash App FAQs

Hi all! Due to the uptick of questions surrounding Square Cash, we’ve decided to provide a landing page for our Cash users that answers common questions and inquiries that we’ve seen posted in the Square Seller Community.

Square Cash is a peer-to-peer payment app that allows you and your friends to pay each other instantly, and cash out to your bank for free!

It’s important to remember that Cash is different from the Square Register app – especially when it comes to Deposit timelines, Account Specifics, and Support Channels – and the information below only applies to folks using the Cash app.

But if you are interested in what the Cash app does, feel free to read the information below or visit our Support Center article: Getting Started With Square Cash

Who can I call for help with my Cash app account?

Our Cash Team only operates via email at this time, so if you need help feel free to get a case started. We know it can be frustrating to communicate only over email, but we've found that almost all of the issues that our Cash users run into are easily resolved this way. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to improve our support offering as we grow.

I haven’t received my funds. Where is my money?

The first thing you should do is check for the funds in your Cash Balance in your Cash app. To do so, open your Cash app. If you have a dollar amount at the top of the screen, this indicates that you haven’t cashed your funds out to your  bank account yet.

Recipients can see an estimated deposit date for a payment by tapping the icon at the top-right corner of the screen, which pulls up your payment activity.

If you’ve already initiated a deposit to be sent to your bank, but you still don’t see the funds post after 2 business days, reach out to our Cash Team directly and they can investigate.

My payment failed/was rejected.

We’re always looking out for the safety of our Cash users, so occasionally our Cash Team will review accounts and reject payments for your account security. This can happen for various reasons, including violations of the Cash Terms of Service or High-Risk Activity. You can try the payment again if you think this is a mistake. **Please note that declined, failed, or rejected payments may result in a pending charge on the sender’s bank statement, which should fall off in a few business days.**

My instant deposit wasn’t available Instantly.

Some debit cards, especially those from small credit unions, don’t consistently support the transaction networks we use to send funds instantly. So while we’ll send the funds to your bank as soon as you initiate an instant deposit, it’s ultimately up to your card-issuing bank and their processing speeds to make them available to you instantly. In these situations the funds should arrive within 1-3 business days. We recommend you contact your bank to see why the funds aren’t posted immediately. Also, feel free to reach out to our Cash team if you need more information about your payment.

The Cash app says my card is not supported.

We try to support as many cards as possible and currently support most standard, U.S.-issued AMEX, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit and debit cards. There are certain types of cards that aren’t supported, and card compatibility can change. The only way to find out if a card is supported is to attempt to link it to the Cash app. If your card isn’t supported today, try linking a different debit card if you have one and hopefully we can get more cards on board in the near future.

The Cash app is asking me to verify my account?

Anyone can send up to $250 in one week, and receive up to $1000 every 30 days. If at any point you attempt to send or receive more than those set limits, Cash will prompt you to quickly verify your account to increase the sending limit to $2,500 (in most states). Once we verify your account, there’s no limit to the amount you can receive.

The Cash Support Team doesn't have access to the information you enter, so they’re not able to help with verification related trouble.

If for any reason you’re not able to verify your account, you’ll still be able to send up to $250 in one week, and receive up to $1000 every 30 days.

Cash is the fastest and easiest way to send money between friends. Keep an eye out for updates as we continue to try to make Cash the best peer-to-peer payments solution for everyone!

Message 1 of 21
1 Verified Answer
EJ_
Verified Answer

The Square Cash App FAQs

Hi all! Due to the uptick of questions surrounding Square Cash, we’ve decided to provide a landing page for our Cash users that answers common questions and inquiries that we’ve seen posted in the Square Seller Community.

Square Cash is a peer-to-peer payment app that allows you and your friends to pay each other instantly, and cash out to your bank for free!

It’s important to remember that Cash is different from the Square Register app – especially when it comes to Deposit timelines, Account Specifics, and Support Channels – and the information below only applies to folks using the Cash app.

But if you are interested in what the Cash app does, feel free to read the information below or visit our Support Center article: Getting Started With Square Cash

Who can I call for help with my Cash app account?

Our Cash Team only operates via email at this time, so if you need help feel free to get a case started. We know it can be frustrating to communicate only over email, but we've found that almost all of the issues that our Cash users run into are easily resolved this way. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to improve our support offering as we grow.

I haven’t received my funds. Where is my money?

The first thing you should do is check for the funds in your Cash Balance in your Cash app. To do so, open your Cash app. If you have a dollar amount at the top of the screen, this indicates that you haven’t cashed your funds out to your  bank account yet.

Recipients can see an estimated deposit date for a payment by tapping the icon at the top-right corner of the screen, which pulls up your payment activity.

If you’ve already initiated a deposit to be sent to your bank, but you still don’t see the funds post after 2 business days, reach out to our Cash Team directly and they can investigate.

My payment failed/was rejected.

We’re always looking out for the safety of our Cash users, so occasionally our Cash Team will review accounts and reject payments for your account security. This can happen for various reasons, including violations of the Cash Terms of Service or High-Risk Activity. You can try the payment again if you think this is a mistake. **Please note that declined, failed, or rejected payments may result in a pending charge on the sender’s bank statement, which should fall off in a few business days.**

My instant deposit wasn’t available Instantly.

Some debit cards, especially those from small credit unions, don’t consistently support the transaction networks we use to send funds instantly. So while we’ll send the funds to your bank as soon as you initiate an instant deposit, it’s ultimately up to your card-issuing bank and their processing speeds to make them available to you instantly. In these situations the funds should arrive within 1-3 business days. We recommend you contact your bank to see why the funds aren’t posted immediately. Also, feel free to reach out to our Cash team if you need more information about your payment.

The Cash app says my card is not supported.

We try to support as many cards as possible and currently support most standard, U.S.-issued AMEX, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit and debit cards. There are certain types of cards that aren’t supported, and card compatibility can change. The only way to find out if a card is supported is to attempt to link it to the Cash app. If your card isn’t supported today, try linking a different debit card if you have one and hopefully we can get more cards on board in the near future.

The Cash app is asking me to verify my account?

Anyone can send up to $250 in one week, and receive up to $1000 every 30 days. If at any point you attempt to send or receive more than those set limits, Cash will prompt you to quickly verify your account to increase the sending limit to $2,500 (in most states). Once we verify your account, there’s no limit to the amount you can receive.

The Cash Support Team doesn't have access to the information you enter, so they’re not able to help with verification related trouble.

If for any reason you’re not able to verify your account, you’ll still be able to send up to $250 in one week, and receive up to $1000 every 30 days.

Cash is the fastest and easiest way to send money between friends. Keep an eye out for updates as we continue to try to make Cash the best peer-to-peer payments solution for everyone!

20 Replies
Admin

Re: The Square Cash App FAQs

👌

Message 2 of 21
DarcyWallen

How do I thank a person for sending money in the cash app?

Message 3 of 21
Admin

Hi @DarcyWallen. We don't currently have a feature built in to do this, but it sounds like it could definitely be a fun addition! In the meantime, you'll probably have to stick to the old fashioned way: text or call. 🙂

Message 4 of 21
DarcyWallen

How do I text them?  I don't know who it was.  She sent me something with only a first name.  How to I thank them?  I don't have a full name or email.

Message 5 of 21
Admin

Hi again @DarcyWallen. Since you don't have their contact information, it wouldn't be possible a this point. 😕  I assumed the person was a friend or family member. I'll pass along the feedback/suggestion! 

Message 6 of 21
DarcyWallen

It was a gift. I want to thank the person...I have no idea who sent it.  I only have the first name.

Message 7 of 21
mleemay

Can you send cash with just your Bank Account? Or do we need a Debit Card to send cash?

Message 8 of 21
Admin

Hey @mleemay, sorry that we didn't see this sooner.

You will need a supported debit card to send funds. You can add a bank account if you wanted to do a next day deposit, rather than an instant deposit. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions! ✌️

Message 9 of 21
yolynda

What do I do if someone sent cash to my other account that I no longer have access to?

Message 10 of 21