x

Can't find check deposit on Android POS App

I can't for the life of me find the way to deposit checks to my Square checking account. I have gone to POS balances but there is no "add money" option. Any help would be appreciated. Sitting on a number of checks that need depositing.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @marksfishtales and Welcome to the Seller Community  👋

If you have a Square Checking account, you can make check deposits, and add money to your checking account right from your Point of Sale app. To do so:

1. Update to the latest version of the Point of Sale app > go to Balance.
  2. Select Add Money.
  3. Select Mobile Check Deposit.
  4. Enter the amount of the check.
  5. Endorse the back of your check, and write “For Square mobile deposit only” below your signature.
  6. Take a picture of the front and back of the check using a dark background, and click Submit
  7. Keep your check in a safe place for two weeks before discarding it.

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

In my case, the check deposit option was available and now it's not. Reps say I don't have enough deposits to make check deposit available, but they also don't have the number of the amount of deposits needed. This is truly inconvenient that I can't deposit my checks. 

Message 3 of 7

I was told the same thing as TENSIXTY5 below. The worse part is that they won't tell me how many deposits are needed. This is absolutely absurd. Square really is sub-par in this area.

Message 4 of 7

How did you get around it?  I think I'm going to have to open a buisness account at a local bank to cash checks since the checks are made out to my buisness name. 

Message 5 of 7

Had to do what you are thinking of. Originally opened a Square banking account hoping to use it for everything, but will probably close it since there is no advantage to having it.

Message 6 of 7

That's a shame,  square looked promising.  I may have to move on as well. 

Message 7 of 7