x

Check deposit not available

Just opened a checking account so I can do mobile deposits, however I get a notification that check deposits are not available, the notification states "as you take more payments with Square, check deposits will become available"

How many deposits? Is it at a certain amount of dollars?

Help is appreciated 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Antony1969,

Welcome to the Community.

I want to make sure I provide you with the most accurate information. To do so, can you please send me a screenshot so I can gain more insight to further assist?

I look forward to your reply.

Message 2 of 16

Hi Robyn, I tried to upload a screenshot but it won't let me!

However it comes up as a simple screen that says "check deposit not available"

underneath that is " As you take more payments with Square, check deposits will become available"

No other information is given.

Many thanks for your input.

Message 3 of 16

IMG_5578.PNG

Message 4 of 16

@Antony1969 Thank you for the screenshot.

I'm working with our Advance Support team to understand when you can start mobile check deposits. Once I have more information, I will reply. 

I appreciate your patience. 

Message 5 of 16

Thank you

Message 6 of 16

Hey there @Antony1969! Our banking team needs to look into this for you. Please give us a call at 855-700-6000 between 6 am - 6 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday. If you call outside of these hours, you will be required to enter your Customer Code to validate your account.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 16

This is exactly what's happening to me.  Any updates on this? This is truly an inconvenience in the upmost way.  

Message 8 of 16

@Antony1969 has this been resolved.  Having the same issue.  

Message 9 of 16

Apparently not resolved because I don't even have the add money option

Message 10 of 16

Ok,  I ended up finding it. You have to do it through the Square app. I was doing it through the Square desktop link I had saved on my phone.  Once I did it through the app, the mobile check deposit showed up. 

Message 11 of 16

I'm on the app, it's not on mine

Message 12 of 16

Yea, if you're not seeing it in your "balance"  widget call in customer service, at minimum the "ADD MONEY" button should be there. 

Message 13 of 16

Yeah there is no add money button at all, I'll call them tomorrow I guess  

Message 14 of 16

Having the same issue.  i follow the steps for mobile check deposit and then I am told it is not available.  I have more than enough to cover the amount being deposited. 10 times over so the risk should be low. Step 1Step 1Step 2Step 2

Message 15 of 16

Mine looks a little different from yours. I'm on Android. 

Do you have an outside account linked to your Square such as Wells Fargo, Bank of America..etc?

Yours says deposit check and mine says mobile check deposit.  As stated above in my last post, make sure you are using the updated Square app that has the black square logo. 

1000059643.jpg

Message 16 of 16