x
Beta Member

How long does it take a check deposit to go into my account?

How long before a check deposit goes into my square checking account mine are still pending

KelvinMott
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Thanks fore reaching out.

Check deposits are typically available within one to six business days.

Message 2 of 8

I think it is utterly ridiculous that Square is waiting a full six days to deposit my check. I fully understand that the bank that Square partners with is the one who makes the rules and regulations but this needs to be revised. No other bank makes you wait six days to deposit your check. So please stop telling people its 1-6 days because it’s not, it’s 6 days period. Square needs to understand people need their money. 

Message 3 of 8

Hello, @farango

Welcome back to our Seller Community! We want you to know that your frustration is completely valid, and we are genuinely sorry to hear about the challenges you're experiencing. Waiting six days for a check to clear can be incredibly frustrating, especially when you're in urgent need of your funds. Your feedback is incredibly important to us, and we appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns.

We truly understand the real-life impact these policies can have on your daily life. On our end, we are here to help. We would be more than happy to assist you in understanding your deposit schedule better and provide you with more details about your specific situation. We recommend reaching out to our Support Team tomorrow. They are dedicated to assisting you and can take a closer look at your account to address your concerns in more detail.

Please don't hesitate to contact us. We are here to support you.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 8

Why does it want to deposit a check in the Square account? It’s been pending for six days now!

Message 5 of 8

Hi @ Trish2810

I moved your post over to this thread where other Sellers have brought up this topic. 

I also pulled the following information from this article. You will find some links that may help clarify.

Your bank lets you know when the check arrives in your account. Just like a physical check, you may experience a hold. If you’re a Square Banking customer, you can expect to see the funds in your account several business days after deposit

If it is taking longer than you expected for your check to deposit, there could be several reasons for it, such as frequent overdrafts in your account, the deposit of a very large check, or simply the time that the bank is taking to validate a check. To be safe, it is a good practice to hold on to the physical check for around two weeks while you wait for confirmation of funds in your account.

Hope this helps you out, and please let us know if you have additional questions.

Message 6 of 8

Yeah I have the same issue, I am 4 days into a LOCAL CHECK on a MAJOR BANK showing pending. The irony that credit card sales can be spent in less than an hour this delay seems outrageous. The only answer is they do it to prevent fraud. The same reason Upgrade “bank” won’t even let new customers deposit checks until you have $2,000 in direct deposit funds. 

Message 7 of 8

Hi there, @CatGuy!

I completely understand that it can be super frustrating when your check is still pending to be deposited. Here is a Support Article that highlights timelines on deposits and other information regarding Square checking. 

If your check has not deposited after 6 days, please reach back out and we will take a deeper look. 

Message 8 of 8