x

Adding Sales Tax to a Subscription Plan

When creating a subscription plan, I cannot find out how to add sales tax for that plan. I want to send my customers a link for them to click on and pay for the membership which will be reoccurring monthly, which square does but I cannot figure out how to get tax added to that membership when the customer is purchasing through that link. 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

This is not helpful. When I want to charge my customer sales tax for a Subscription that they sign up through the direct link to the plan itself. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @dabos

Welcome to our Seller Community! 

When it comes to taxes on your Square Subscriptions, please take a look here under Applicable Subscription Taxes for more details on how this is applied.

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 5

Best Answer

This is not helpful. When I want to charge my customer sales tax for a Subscription that they sign up through the direct link to the plan itself. 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @dabos

Stepping in for @sayra while she is out of the office. I looked into this for you and it seems that all your settings are correct. If your Subscriptions are still failing to capture Sales Tax, I suggest reaching out to our support team. Please reach out by phone when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Hi @JJ_ @sayra , jumping in here as I am facing the same problem. Subscriptions both entered manually and through the direct link to the plan don't work properly with taxes.

It appears Square does not work with Subscriptions in Canada, since they are taxable, and it doesn't support taxes. I'd love to hear otherwise but so far no luck. Even manually, even though there is a "Sales Tax" manual field, it makes no sense to ask the cashier to manually enter a tax value on each subscription - plus here in Quebec we have two taxes GST/QST, what a nightmare to reconcile!

I'm sure every gym or other subscription-based business out there would face the same issue, anyone has a workable solution?

Message 5 of 5