x

Disable email receipts for recurring autopay invoices

I charge monthly rental fees for some of my products but would like to prevent an email receipt going out to customer every time there is a charge (like how you don't get emailed every time your gym membership or netflix account bills your card on file). Anyone know if this is possible or if there's a way to get the feature added? Thanks!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

At this time Square is required to notify buyers of transactions. If your customers are complaining that they get too many emails, I recommend having them visit their Square Profile, where they will be able to adjust their email preferences.  I hope this information is helpful @jpws

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the reply.  I played around with my personal email as a test profile using autopay invoices but was unable to get the invoices to stop.  When viewing email preferences in the square profile it shows you can turn "receive automatic receipts" off but I still receive emails saying "you paid an invoice!" when it is set to off.  Is there something else I should try?  Thanks!

PS I have my square business account sending daily invoices to my personal email/credit card and for several days now I have consistently received the email stating I paid an invoice.  Sometimes it goes to junk folder sometimes regular inbox but it's always there despite changing the email preferences.

Message 3 of 6

I was able to get some clarity on this from the Invoices team and they were able to confirm that at this time we are unable to stop Invoice payment confirmation emails. So this tells me that disabling the option from Square Profile will not change this behavior. 

Sorry for the confusion here @jpws

JJ
Message 4 of 6

Ok, I appreciate you looking into it.  And I would like to go on record stating that the option to disable autopay receipts would be greatly appreciated and useful feature, thank you!

Message 5 of 6

Thank you for sharing your interest @jpws. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 6 of 6