x
Admin

How to Edit and Manage your Square's Account Details

There are many things you can manage from your Square Dashboard — from checking your sales to updating your Item Library. In this post, we’ll be focusing on going through how you can edit and manage your Square’s account details. These are your email address, business name, password and more.

Let’s get started!

How can I update my email address?

You can update the email address used to login to your account on your app and laptop by visiting the Account & Settings tab on your Square Dashboard. Under Basic Details, click Change next to your current email address.

UntitledDiscount_-_Dash_-_UK__6_ (1).png

Before the change can be made, you’ll need to verify this action. The verification method will depends on whether you have 2-Step Verification setup:

• If you have 2-Step Verification, simply enter and confirm the new email address you’d like to change to.
  • If you are not using 2-Step Verification, select whether you’d like a verification code to be sent to the current email address or your mobile number > Next

Then enter the verification code and submit! You should now see your new email address there.

📌 If you are not seeing the verification code in your email inbox: Check your spam folder or email filters.

📌 If you can’t access the inbox of your original account email: Contact our Support Team directly by phone and we’ll be happy to help.  

Wait — what is 2-Step Verification?

2-Step Verification is a tool that provides an extra layer of security for your Square Account and can be turned on for yourself AND also for your team members.

When you enable this feature, you’ll be asked to enter a verification code in addition to your password when you sign into your Square account. 

To set up 2-Step Verification on your account, follow the steps outlined here

Now that that’s out of the way — how can I update my password?

You’ll see the option to update your password from the Account & Settings tab on your Square Dashboard — just under where you can edit your email address! 

When updating your password, don’t forget that it must contains:

️ At least 8 characters long

️ No use of common words, phrases or strings - like 'password'

️ Not one of your last 3 passwords, or a password you have used in the last 30 days with Square

📌 If you are running into an error with password reset being requested too many times, please give it 10 minutes before trying again.

Is it possible to update my business name?

Yes! If your business has changed name, you can edit this information anytime from the Account & Settings tab on your Square Dashboard. Just click the Edit button next to Business Name and enter the name you wish to change to.

And my business address — can I edit this too?

Same as your business name, you can edit your business address anytime. From the Account & Settings tab on your Square Dashboard, click into Business > Locations

Simply click into the location you wish to update and edit your business address there, before clicking Save. 

How can I edit my own name?

It is not possible at the moment to change the Account Owner’s name.

Can I add my VAT number or update this?

You can add your VAT number to your Square account and update it as needed by:

1. Go to Account & Settings
  2. Clicking Business > Locations, then select the right location

UntitledDiscount_-_Dash_-_UK__7_ (1).png

3. Scroll down to the Business ID Numbers section, then add or change the current VAT number

UntitledDiscount_-_Dash_-_UK__5_ (1).png

4. Click Save

📌  Your VAT number, business name and location address will appear on the receipt your customers receive.

Have questions for us? Click reply below 👇

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 1
Report Inappropriate Content
0 REPLIES 0