x
Admin

How to Use Instagram Shoppable Posts to Sell on Social Media

Instagram is one of the best platforms to engage with prospective customers on — 90 percent of Instagram users follow at least one brand, and 60 percent say that they’ve discovered a product through the platform

Instagram-Shopping.jpg

In Ireland, about 1.8 million people (37 percent of the population) used Instagram. Given the audience size, learning how to sell on Instagram and having a strong presence on the platform can be a boost to your business. 

With your Square Online site, you can connect your item library to your Instagram account and sell products directly from shoppers’ feed. In this post, we will be sharing a few common issues and tips to help you turn your Instagram followers into buyers . 

🚨 Don’t have a full Square Online site? You can still sell and accept payment for an item on Instagram with Square Online Checkout. With Square Online Checkout, you can generate a simple online checkout link or button and share it in our Instagram bio or post. 

Now, let’s get started with Instagram Shopping!

What do I need to connect my Square Online site to Instagram Shopping?

Before you get started, there are a few requirements that need to be met:

How do I connect Square to Instagram?

Connecting your Square Online site to Instagram takes only a few steps. From your Square Online Overview page, click Website > Sales Channels > Facebook Shop and follow all the steps outlined to connect Square Online to Instagram

Facebook_Shops_1.png

📝 Note: You’ll be directed to Facebook to complete the setup process since this is where you will manage your catalogue and Instagram account. 

It’s saying I need to add some tags to verify my domain — how can I do this?

During the process of connecting your Square Online site to your Instagram account, you will need to verify your domain. Depending on the domain you are using, the process can look slightly different. 

If you are using a custom domain, you’ll need to add a TXT record to your custom domain’s DNS. Learn how to manage records for Square Online domains for more information on how to add a record to your domain’s DNS.

If you are using a free subdomain, you’ll need to verify with a metatag. To do so:

1. In your Square Online Overview page, go to Settings > Tracking Tools.
  2. Select Add new code.
  3. In the pop-up window, enter the code’s name and the code itself into the corresponding fields.
  4. Place the Facebook meta tag in the header by selecting the < head > option.
  5. Select Save when finished.
  6. Publish your site from the Square Online site editor to add the code to your website and complete the verification.

My account needs to be approved by Instagram - how long will this take?

Before you can start tagging your products, your account will need to be approved for Instagram Shopping to make sure it meets their commerce guidelines. The review and approval process is handled entirely by Instagram so we don’t have a way to expedite a review or obtain any details. 

If you ever need help with your Instagram account itself, check out the Instagram Help Centre for answers to some of the common questions and issues that users have.

What’s a Facebook Pixel? Why do I need this?

Facebook Pixel is a piece of code that will help import your items on Square Online to a catalogue on Instagram so you can access them when creating posts. The pixel will be installed automatically as part of your setup and you’ll need this to make sure you can show off available products.

Here’re some helpful troubleshooting tips for Facebook Pixel if you run into any issues. 

My account has been approved, how can I tag my products?

To begin, you can create a standard Instagram post as normal or open an existing post. Tap Tag Products from the share screen, select the product from the catalogue, and place the tag near the product in the image. Then, share your post.

Instagram product tagging allows for up to five products per image or video, and up to 20 products in a multi-image post but you know the saying, less is always more. Overwhelming a photo with too many tags can cause confusion, making it less likely a shopper will select a product.

If you have any questions, hit Reply below (along with your Instagram account!) 

Learn more about how to optimise your Instagram account for shopping on our Town Square

Additional resources for Instagram:

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 1
Report Inappropriate Content
0 REPLIES 0