x
Admin

Locating your Square Transfers: Questions and Answers

In this post we’re sharing some of the common questions around receiving and locating your Square transfers. If you have any additional questions about this topic, please reply below!

I took a payment today. When will I receive it in my bank account?

After you activate a Square account and verify your bank account, any payments you made before 17:00 GMT are automatically sent to your linked bank account and arrive the next business day, Monday through Friday per Square’s standard transfer schedule. Keep in mind bank holidays may affect transfer timelines. Payments accepted on Saturday and Sunday are sent to your linked bank account as soon as the next working day (Monday). 

Payments made after 17:00 Irish time are transferred the following business day together with that day’s sales.

I received an email that funds have been transferred to my bank account but I can’t find it?

Square sends funds at approximately 20:00 Irish time Monday through Friday. However, depending on the speed of your bank, it can take 1 to 2 working days for the amount to reflect in your bank’s balance. 

How can I check which transactions are included in my transfers?

To determine which transactions were included in each of your transfers, follow these steps:

1. Visit Balance in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Go to Transfer Reports
  3. Use the date selector near the top-left corner to select a date range of your choice
  4. Click on the transfer you’d like to view to see the transfer details, including individual card payments.

Note: While we transfer funds the same day, it may take up to 1 to 2 working days for the amount to reflect in your bank’s balance. For example, if transfers were sent on 18 May and arrive in your account on 19 May, you’ll need to check the reports for 18 May to correlate your transactions. 

Is there a limit on how much will be transferred to my account?

There are no transfer limits with our standard transfer schedule. 

Can I get funds instantly instead of waiting for them to transfer at 20:00 Irish time?

At the moment, it isn’t possible to transfer funds instantly. We are working to introduce more transfer options to the Republic of Ireland so do keep an eye on our Product Updates for more information.

My business operates past the cut off time (17:00 Irish time). Can I group my sales together into one transfer rather than two?

If you operate past the cut off time (17:00 GMT), you can group your sales together by changing your close of day! To ensure that a full day’s business activity is included in one transfer, you can customise your close of day to your preferred time. Follow the steps                outlined here to update your close of day!

🏦  Note: When you change your close of day from the default, your transfer will be sent in full two working days later. Read an overview of Square’s standard transfer schedule in our Support Centre

I have multiple locations on Square. How can I differentiate my transfers?

To determine which location the transfers were sent from, visit Balance > Transfer Reports in your online Square Dashboard. You’ll be able to filter your transfers per location.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

For steps on how to link and edit your bank account to receive transfers, checkout this handy video from our team:

Tra

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

For steps on how to link and edit your bank account to receive transfers, checkout this handy video from our team:

Tra
Message 2 of 2