x
Admin

Online fraud is on the rise: Ask us anything about keeping your account safe!🔒

make_your_business_more_secure_1440171628398-1449513989705.jpg

It's that time of year again … time to gather, spread joy with decorations, give gifts, and — if you're like me — that includes a lot of online orders. With all of the coming and going, it's also a time for fraudsters to make their own moves: This can look like a bogus online order form, fake charity account, or a phishing scam.

But what else should we keep in mind this year? Account takeover fraud has increased 133% in 2022. In the United States alone, individuals who have experienced an account takeover have lost an average of $12,000 USD. For more information on how online fraud impacts countries across the globe, have a look at this article: Global Statistics in Account Takeover Fraud for 2023.

Rest assured that we've got your back! Square has rolled out a bunch of new security features and I'm excited to introduce you to @MimiW on the Square Account Security team. She will be here to address any questions you may have, and make sure you're aware of best practices for keeping your information secure.

Here are some example questions: 

• As a buyer and a seller, what is the best way to keep my information secure online?
  • Is two-step verification worth the hassle?
  • I was directed to a different website to complete a gift purchase. How do I know that it's safe to enter my credit card information?

Click 'Reply' below to ask your question ahead of time, and we’ll answer every question on Wednesday, November 30. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 1
Report Inappropriate Content
0 REPLIES 0