x
Admin

Q&A: Ask us anything about Square Hardware

Hello Seller Community!

Join us on Tuesday, October 19th at 4PM BST for a Q&A with the Square Hardware team.

Lineup_Medium.jpg

Ask us about Square Hardware

We’ll be joined by Udo Kaja and Chloe Corleto who are Product Marketing Managers on the Hardware team. Together, they will be online to answer all your questions about Square Hardware. 

You can browse all Square Hardware here

A few example questions:

• Can I connect my Terminal to multiple printers?
  • How can customers enter their pin on my reader?

Whether you are using just the Square Reader, have a full setup with Square Stand, or are just starting out and unsure which hardware will suit your business needs, this will be a great chance to get your questions answered about our hardware range and share your feedback with us! Think about existing Square hardware - what would be the most important enhancements or features for you?

How does a Q&A work?

Ask your questions ahead of time below in this thread and we’ll answer every question on Tuesday, October 19th, 2021

Please note: There will be no recording of the event as it is text-based. All the replies can be read and discovered on this thread after the event has ended!

Note on account-specific questions: For your privacy and security, we are not able to address issues related to specific account status details in our public forums. If you need account assistance, please contact our Customer Success team and they'll be able to take a deeper dive.

Q&A: Ask us anything about Square Hardware

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Thank you everyone for joining our Q&A yesterday! We want to take this opportunity to share some resources to help you set up your Square Hardware:

• Printers and other hardwares: Square Point of Sale is compatible with a wide variety of third-party hardware accessories. Depending on the device that you’re using for your Point of Sale, you’ll have different hardware options. Find your compatible hardware here.
  • Cleaning your Square Hardware: We’ve put together a FAQ for sellers on how to clean your Square Hardware, as well as using accessories like screen protectors, and styluses. 
  • Connect your Terminal to Square Point of Sale: You can now connect your Square Terminal to your Square Point of Sale and use it as a dedicated customer display and checkout device.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

How to I connect my ipad to my terminal?    e.g. I want to use the pos interface on my ipad to admin the sale but I want it to connect to my terminal so I can collect payment

Message 2 of 4
Square

Are you looking to connect a Square Terminal to your iPad @GoodVibes? If so, this functionality is not yet available in Ireland. We’re working on including this feature - so stay tuned. In the meantime, you could use your Terminal as a stand alone payment machine and point of sale - to track your inventory and see how much you’re selling. We have a guide on how to set up your terminal here.

Message 3 of 4
Square

Best Answer

Thank you everyone for joining our Q&A yesterday! We want to take this opportunity to share some resources to help you set up your Square Hardware:

• Printers and other hardwares: Square Point of Sale is compatible with a wide variety of third-party hardware accessories. Depending on the device that you’re using for your Point of Sale, you’ll have different hardware options. Find your compatible hardware here.
  • Cleaning your Square Hardware: We’ve put together a FAQ for sellers on how to clean your Square Hardware, as well as using accessories like screen protectors, and styluses. 
  • Connect your Terminal to Square Point of Sale: You can now connect your Square Terminal to your Square Point of Sale and use it as a dedicated customer display and checkout device.
Message 4 of 4