x
Community Team

Loan Application Review Timeline Update

Hi Seller Community,

The Square Loans team has recently received an increase in loan application volume, and our review team is doing their best to review them in a timely manner. Some applications may exceed 1-3 business days, but your application will be reviewed as soon as possible. Please wait for an update through email. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience. Please visit our Support Center for more information about Square Loans.

Vickie
Square Loans Team
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

This is a service email from Square Financial Services, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Block, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc, a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank, Members FDIC.
Message 1 of 49
1 Best Answer
Community Team

Best Answer

@Nchairsalon 

Thanks for taking the time to post. 

You should receive a status update within 1–3 business days from the date you submitted your application.

Feel free to contact us directly for any additional questions. 

Nancy__
Square Loans Team

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.

View Best Answer >

Message 41 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

I'm going on 6 days with no response.

Message 2 of 49
Square Community Moderator

If you were offered a Square Loan and have accepted it but have not received any response from the Square Financial team then I would suggest reaching out to them at 855-700-6000 between  8 am - 5 pm Pacific Time Monday-Friday @Casetta

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Message 3 of 49
Beta Member

Hi, how long did you wait total? 

Message 4 of 49

hey did you get an response also been waiting 3 days 

Message 5 of 49
Community Team

Hi @Ntillery94,

Thanks for reaching out!

It looks like your issue was recently resolved. Feel free to reach out to us directly if you have any additional questions!

Jules
Square Loans Team

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.
Message 6 of 49

Hi!  Has anyone had a delay in loan approval recently? 

This will be my 13th loan since 2018 and they usually approve within 1-2 hours. 

It’s been 24 hours and I haven’t heard anything. I was really hoping to get funded before the weekend so I’m not stuck waiting until Monday.

which brings me to my second question, has anyone ever been approved on the weekend?

Message 7 of 49
Super Seller

@trasauma This was posted by Square Loans on Wednesday — https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Loans-Discussion/Loan-Application-Review-Timeline-Update/t....  Seems they are quite backlogged, but working on it.

Not sure about the weekend thing.  But I’d be surprised, unless they are working weekends to get through this glut of applications they have received.

I hope it comes through for you soon.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook

“Take what you like, take what works, leave the rest!”
Message 8 of 49

@trasauma 

It would appear you and I are experiencing the same type of delay....however; I have been waiting since Tuesday. We have been with Square since 2013 and have been offered many loans since the program rolled out in 2014.  I never expected to be delayed this long ... you kinda at this point know how getting to the loan offer part is just " we will let you know when the algorithm says so". But I really would have thought that some over time or weekend approvals could have been authorized since small businesses like ours use these capital infusions to grow & expand our businesses. Especially in this economic environment where small businesses must be nimble and adaptive to a host of challenges. I really hope they get our approvals out to us tomorrow.  Wishing you the best😊

Faye

Early Country Antiques 

Message 9 of 49

Thank you for the response! Yes, I really never expected this. My last 2 have been approved in 20 minutes, so honestly I assumed at this point it’s mostly an automated thing.  
Really hoping that it goes through tomorrow because I could use a beginning of the month boost! 

Message 10 of 49

Any luck? I am still waiting 😔

Message 11 of 49
Community Team

Hi @trasauma ,

Thanks for reaching out!

I have reached out to you directly through email for further assistance. 

Jules
Square Loans Team

Message 12 of 49
Beta Member

Hello! I responded to an offer at 7:15 last Thursday morning, and I am now on the fifth business day with no movement.  I did send in a message yesterday requesting an update and have yet to hear anything.   I am wondering how long the delays may be? 

We are used to receiving funding within a day of the offer/acceptance, and have made business decisions with expectations based on past experiences with loans as well as the "1-3 business day" statement.  Is there a new, updated time frame we can be made aware of, or if there are certain criteria that may demand a longer time frame for review?

Thank you for any help in advance!

Message 13 of 49
Community Team

Hi @jennifer75,

Thanks for taking the time to post!

I have reached out to you directly through email for further assistance. 

Jules
Square Loans Team

Message 14 of 49
Beta Member

Thank you very much @jules72!

I truly appreciate the quick response and e-mail! 👍

Message 15 of 49
Beta Member

Hi, does this mean there’s a backlog/delay in loan offers, too? I’ve been anxiously awaiting another offer to help grow my business. Exciting times! But I don’t know what to expect re: Square’s timing. I’d appreciate any help. Thank you!

Message 16 of 49
Beta Member

Hi! I believe I should have an answer as well. This is day 7 or business day 5. I called yesterday and it should have been escalated. Just looking to expand some store fixtures 🙂 Thank you 

Message 17 of 49

I have been waiting for 6 days. I was able to speak to someone yesterday. They did tell me that I would receive a response the end of business tomorrow but I have not received any communication.  I've been with Square for approx 7 years, and this would be my first loan. I'm a little disappointed at how its being handled. 

Message 18 of 49
Community Team

Hello @dea7nna,

Appreciate you taking the time to post.

We appreciate you reaching out and letting us know. Please contact us directly by giving us a call or emailing us so we can take a look and assist! 

Jules
Square Loans Team

Message 19 of 49

I have, actually several times and I have been told to continue to wait. It has not been 14 days

Message 20 of 49
Beta Member

This community thread has been very helpful to at least find that others are in the same situation as we find ourselves today.  We have been with square for 10 years, and have enjoyed the privileges of 13 loans.  All of them have been repaid within 9 months or less with absolutely no problems.  In the past, our approvals were fast and swift (within hours or less than 24 hours).  Our metrics are strong showing continued growth in processing volumes specifically doubling the size or our processing volumes year to date when compare to last year.  We were approved for a new loan over the weekend and have been waiting for an approval notice since.  We are on "business day" 4 and hope to hear soon.  Like others we depend on these programs to help us build our business.  If anyone can give us further details, please help.

Message 21 of 49