x

Square Loan Eligibility and Disputes

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Loan questions]

I’ve received a square loan and have paid 70 percent of it down sooner than my payment dates. I was almost eligible for an new load but I got an dispute which is affecting my chances now of getting a new loan even though I should have beat this dispute since I was able to show proof of this but was told sometimes banks automatically go by their customers word. This caused me to be ineligible for another loan. Is there anything that I can do to fix this if o have proof this job was completed? I even have text messages between me and the customer of her stating the job was completed.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Community Team

Best Answer

Hi @IILLC,

Thanks for posting on the Seller Community.

Recent disputes on your Square account may impact your eligibility regardless of the outcome of the dispute. Keep in mind, loan offers are also based on a variety of other factors including, but not limited to, your current payment processing volume, your customer mix, and your Square account history.

We do not have a specific timeframe for when another loan offer may be available. If your business becomes eligible, you’ll get an invitation email and be notified directly on your Square Dashboard.

Hope that helps, please feel free to reach out to us directly if you have any other questions or concerns!

Jules
Square Loans Team
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Community Team

Hi @Quise1984,

Thanks for reaching out! Since this is an account specific question, I followed up with you via email.

Vickie
Square Loans Team

This is a service email from Square Financial Services, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Block, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc, a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank, Members FDIC.
Message 2 of 7

What was the solution to this. I’ve never had disputes until this year and its currently showing that’s the main thing affecting my eligibility. Everything else shows good except that. Its says needs work by the dispute section. The disputes were resolved. So I’m not understanding what I’m supposed to be working on exactly. They were resolved.I just don’t get why I’m being punished for disputes I had no control over. 

Message 3 of 7
Community Team

Best Answer

Hi @IILLC,

Thanks for posting on the Seller Community.

Recent disputes on your Square account may impact your eligibility regardless of the outcome of the dispute. Keep in mind, loan offers are also based on a variety of other factors including, but not limited to, your current payment processing volume, your customer mix, and your Square account history.

We do not have a specific timeframe for when another loan offer may be available. If your business becomes eligible, you’ll get an invitation email and be notified directly on your Square Dashboard.

Hope that helps, please feel free to reach out to us directly if you have any other questions or concerns!

Jules
Square Loans Team

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.
Message 4 of 7

Hello! Did you ever get another loan? How long did the disputes section say “needs work”

Message 5 of 7

Hello! I was wandering what your outcome was, did you end up receiving a loan offer? How long did the disputes stay on your account? Thank you for your time! 

Message 6 of 7

I also would like to know what the outcome was. I am in the same situation 

Message 7 of 7