x

Subsequent Square loan Eligibility

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Hi! I have a question about subsequent square loans]

I've had a square account for some time, but only used it sparingly and not as my main merchant account. Recently, Square offered me a small loan. I accepted it, began to use Square as my main processor during that time, and paid the loan off in less than a month.

I was surprised to see that I am still ineligible for a subsequent square loan. I've never had my account under review, nor had chargebacks or anything of the sort.

My question is this...is it possible to be penalized for brining in too much revenue within a short period of time?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@_9modern I have seen a lot of back and forth on the topic of loans and what qualifies an account to be eligible for loans or not. There doesn't seem to be a single answer to what qualifies an account or not, but a list of factors square takes into account when offering a loan to a business. So no, you won't be penalized for making too much money, but there are other factors that may determine whether or not you are offered a second loan.

Hope this helps!

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

@_9modern Penalized by who? Square? What makes you think you possibly could be?

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

Message 2 of 6

hi,

My question is this...

Is it possible for Square to consider a business ineligible for a 2nd loan due to processing more money than usual. 

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Best Answer

@_9modern I have seen a lot of back and forth on the topic of loans and what qualifies an account to be eligible for loans or not. There doesn't seem to be a single answer to what qualifies an account or not, but a list of factors square takes into account when offering a loan to a business. So no, you won't be penalized for making too much money, but there are other factors that may determine whether or not you are offered a second loan.

Hope this helps!

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

Message 4 of 6

I need a square loan

Message 5 of 6
Community Team

Hey @Lowkey229 ,

Thanks for your post!

Square Loans are currently offered by invitation. While you are processing with Square, Square Financial Services automatically reviews your processing activity to evaluate loan offer eligibility. 

Learn more about Square loans with this article. 

Square Loan Eligibility FAQ 

Hope that helps, please feel free to reach out to us directly if you have any other questions!

Nancy__
Square Loans Team
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Square, the Square logo, Square Financial Services, Square Capital, and others are trademarks of Square, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. Square Financial Services, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square, Inc. All loans are issued by Square Financial Services, Inc. a Utah-Chartered Industrial Bank. Member FDIC. Actual fee depends upon payment card processing history, loan amount and other eligibility factors. A minimum payment of 1/18th of the initial loan balance is required every 60 days and full loan repayment is required within 18 months. Loan eligibility is not guaranteed. All loans are subject to credit approval.
Message 6 of 6