x

Square Loans

I was wondering if Square was offering loans again. My 2nd loan was paid off well over a year ago. When I tried to apply for the PPP program I was told the funds had run out well before the deadline of May 31st. Apparently quite a few people who don't own a business applied and received a loan through the program. I know of 3 personally. Which I don't understand how they were able to get approved. I have looked into the other options that are posted on the Capital page and I am either not in their qualifying area or I do not fall into their race minority bracket. I am a white single female over 50, I dont know how much more of a minority I need to be. I know I have processed well over the $10,000. minimum in a year for the last 2 years. I have only had 1 refund in all the years I have been with square and no disputes. I have relied on several loyal customers during the pandemic. With things starting to even out and open up I would like to take the next step and re-open a physical location. As of right now I just travel to different holistic fairs. Can someone please let me know what else I need to do to become eligible for another loan. Or if there are any other resources available.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Hey @Earthkeeper 

Square is still offering loans, however they are a bit more hesitant on which offer gets generated currently due to covid and restrictions that may be in your state and or your business category. 

With that being said, ha e you looked into the Targeted EIDL , or the EIDL via the SBA? If you haven't checked into that already doing a simple google search for that should bring you right to the application. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 2 of 4

Thank you for replying ScorpionCoating.  I have looked into so many different options I think I can navigate google in my sleep. Back in 2019 I became sick with Covid and I had to close my shop. Because it took me almost a year to recover and get back on my feet my finances and credit took a massive hit. And by the time I was recovered the country was shut down.. So because of that I can't get a conventional loan. Yes 99% of these lenders look at your credit.  Even the sba. 

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Sorry to hear about the problems that you have had.  Yea I'm aware about the SBA and credit, hard lessons learned about credit from past experience. 

Unfortunately I'm not sure of any other lenders as far as working capital goes that like you said still look at both of business side and personal side of things.  I guess my only suggestion would be maybe friends/family and hopefully things pick up quickly for you and you start seeing offers. 

Dan
Scorpion Coating Plus,LLC
Square Super Seller
Check out Square support center for additional help.
Message 4 of 4