x

Square Online Website Shows Incorrect Google Maps

Hello,

The online website for my store shows the incorrect google maps location. 

The address should be 5 S Beech St. Cincinnati, OH 45056.

https://dropintea.square.site/

Also, the online delivery seems to be based off of this wrong location as well. Any addresses searched around 5 S Beech St. is out of range.

Can you please update the address for my store?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @rebeccasmyth🎂 🧁️

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

So sorry to hear that. Can you try @AshleyK's suggestion of writing out the address in full where you enter your business location to ensure it's fully accurate? 

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please give us a call so we can take a look at this on the back end. We have phone support available for active Square sellers. The hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 6am-6pm PST.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Hello Square Support Team

Any updates here?

Message 2 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @rkwong792 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to hear from you! Thanks for your patience while we worked through to your post. 

I took a look at your ordering site (which looks great, by the way) and from my view, it looks as though the map is orienting itself correctly to the address you have listed. Would you mind taking a screenshot and replying with it so we can get eyes on what you're seeing from your side?

One we determine the cause of the issue, we can troubleshoot ordering availability by location.

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 14

Hi @Joe !

Thank you so much for looking into this issue! As our store is set to open in a few days, we would really like this issue to be fixed as soon as possible.

I've attached the screenshots I am seeing on my end. Screenshot 1 shows that the address on Google maps is pointing to a different location. One thing to note, at one point, the address for the location was set to be my home by mistake which is what's showing on the google maps now. I already changed the address to be the store address at 5 S Beech St.

Screenshot 2 shows be trying to place a delivery order at 4 S Beech St which is next door but it's giving an error of "Sorry, we don't deliver there. Please enter a different address." On the other hand, if I use an address near my home like "6735 Sandalwood Lane, Cincinnati 45224", it will go through.

Screenshot1.JPGScreenshot2 - Unable to Place Delivery Order.JPG

Message 4 of 14

@Joe  Hi Joe! Did you and your team get a chance to take another look at this yet? Thank you!

Message 5 of 14

@Joe Hi Joe. Hope you are doing well. Wanted to check in to see if there are any further updates. Thank you!

Message 6 of 14

@rkwong792 what happens when you change the format of your address? Like spelling out "south?" 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 14

Hi @AshleyK,

I am getting the same result if I try delivery with 4 South Beech Street, Oxford, OH, USA. Getting the error "Sorry, we don't deliver there. Please enter a different address." 

The address of our store is 5 South Beech Street, Oxford, OH, USA.

Message 8 of 14

we are doing an offsite bake sale at a local school campus.  The address for the school is correct but because of the size of the campus the indicator on the map is not correct to bring people to where they will pick up their items.   Can you move the pinpoint for the location slightly to be more accurate for this pick up?

Message 9 of 14
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @rebeccasmyth🎂 🧁️

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

So sorry to hear that. Can you try @AshleyK's suggestion of writing out the address in full where you enter your business location to ensure it's fully accurate? 

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please give us a call so we can take a look at this on the back end. We have phone support available for active Square sellers. The hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 6am-6pm PST.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 10 of 14

YOU HAVE TO GO TO

THEN GO TO FUFILLMENT, SELECT PICKUP& DELIVERY, SELECT EDIT ADRESS SCROLL DOWN AND MOVE YOUR MAPS LOCATION AROUND. HOPE THIS HELPS

Message 11 of 14

My map is also showing incorrect(shows previous location). Updated address and still shows incorrect on my booking site. https://brendasbarberlounge.square.site

Message 12 of 14

Hello, My map is incorrect as well! Can someone help me?

Message 13 of 14

Hey @thephincafe,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with this, too. While we're not able to look into your settings via this public forum to troubleshoot further, our support team can dig in a bit deeper and file a ticket with engineering if nf necessary. Get in touch here when you get a chance! 

Message 14 of 14