x
Highlighted
Admin

🔊 Square Local Southeast: What work does your business need to succeed during/after COVID?

Earlier this month we asked the question What does your business need in order to succeed during or after the Covid-19 outbreak? I wanted to open this discussion to the Square Local Southeast group to hear what work your business needs or to hear about work you've already completed. 

Examples of work could include installing sneeze guards on countertops, or building an outdoor dining space for your restaurant, setting up social distancing markers, or creating a contactless purchase experience.

If you have time to participate, consider the following questions:

• What changes or work would your business benefit from? 

• Do you have a business/service that can help other businesses succeed during these times? What services do you offer? 

• If you’ve already made some changes, what is working well for you?

Reply below and let us know where in the Southeast you are located. Website links welcome too.

New to the Square Local Communities? Learn more and join a group!  

Helen
Seller Community Manager, Square
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: 🔊 Square Local Southeast: What work does your business need to succeed during/after COVID?

• What changes or work would your business benefit from? 

I think that it may be helpful for Square to offer a smaller to no fees at this time, as we have to charge a card-usage fee every time that someone wants to use their credit card to pay for items. It's preferred that customers use their card to pay instead of cash since cash is circulated and used so much. Maybe it could be a temporary thing until the economy becomes more financially stable?

• Do you have a business/service that can help other businesses succeed during these times? What services do you offer? 

Not at the moment.

• If you’ve already made some changes, what is working well for you?

The social distancing and masks required signs are definitely helping, as we're trying to reduce the spread of COVID-19.

Helping one person at a time. Trying to make the world a better place. 🙂
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Admin

Re: 🔊 Square Local Southeast: What work does your business need to succeed during/after COVID?

Thanks for your reply @mjws1224. Earlier this year we were able to waive subscription fees for Square services (e.g. for Square Appointments). I'll share your comment with the appropriate teams and if there are any more initiatives like that we will let you know here, and our Support and Resources site will be updated. 

Seems like social distancing and masks are here to stay for a bit longer. We can all do our bit! 

Helen
Message 3 of 5
Highlighted

I am brand new to square ecommerce and I am glad to see a regional community where we can share ideas. We will be launching our site tomorrow at newlifelaserengraving.square.site. One way we might be able to help others businesses during COVID is with our ability to imprint full color custom images on three ply cloth face masks. The image can be pretty much anything that is not copyrighted. We can print business logos, words or phrases, and custom artwork supplied by the customer.      

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Admin

Welcome @New_Life_Laser and congratulations on setting up your ecommerce site - it looks brilliant! Did it take long to set it up? 

Thanks for sharing a bit about your services too! I see that you've added a Contact form to the homepage of your site for custom orders/quotes. Great idea! 

Helen
Message 5 of 5