x

Market reports say emails opened, but they weren't even received

I have been sending out monthly emails for a while, and have always been impressed that some customers  seem to really be on top of it. The report shows that they nearly Immediately  open them.  I have recently spoken to a few and they say they have never received the email.  Two searched their past emails and spam and nothing was there, I was present when they did this.  Two others that showed opened after a few minutes, then I texted them (acquaintances) and they said they had not been on her email today yet, but do receive them. Why does Square tell me that these were opened?  I wonder how many more weren't actually opened? Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @OhHue - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋😊

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Square Marketing Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Mine always state that I opened two but as soon as those emails come in I  have been deleting them for the last two months and every time the report says I opened them sometimes 1 time other times 3-5 times. When I deleted them, not looked them at all, no preview nothing. I had the same issue with Mailchimp that's why I went to Square. 

I have a feeling all email providers show bigger read numbers than what really happens.

René

Life is too short to eat boring cheese.
Message 3 of 3