x
Super Seller

Marketing by location

We can send marketing campaigns specific to a location, do we have the ability to select customers specific to a location?

Use case - I have multiple businesses. Looking to add a second business (different type of operation) as a location under my first business. I'd like to send a marketing campaign to individuals associated with a specific location.

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Good Morning, @Anthem 👋 🌞 Thank you for reaching out! Happy to help you with this.

When you go to create a new Campaign, you will first be asked to select a location. In addition, I do see that Customers can be filtered by the location(s) where they have made a purchase in the Directory. I would assume this means we can target a specific location audience for the Campaign but let me just double-check with our Marketing Support Team to get the best answer for you. I'll reach back out to you here once I gather more info! 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller

Thank you, I did try selecting a location first, but didn't see a way to narrow down to marketing contacts via that location only (it was very late in the evening so I could have overlooked it). Hopeful you're team has a solution. 

Message 3 of 7

Hi @Anthem 👋

I'm stepping in for _alanah because she is out of the office. I believe this can be done, but it must be done manually. For example, when you enter an email into the Directory, you would have to create a group (let's say Location A), add them to the group, and then include them in your email audience.

I may not be explaining this very well, but Alanah will be back in a couple days to follow up as well. 

I hope this helps for now, but please feel free to post any follow up questions you may have. 😊

Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

That’s possibly a nice hack if it works.  Here is my follow up. 

can I filter customers by location. In order to do what you describe it seems I would need to…

1. know what location they used, manually track that, then deprecate into a group manually based on some identified list of people using that location. Not sure how I’d know. 
2. Be able to filter customers by location then pull them manually into a group. This would work well but I’ve not found evidence that this is possible. 

Thanks for sharing the idea, I’ll do some additional digging now. 

Message 5 of 7

Hello again @Anthem 😊

I just tested this in my account, and I believe this is how it would work:

Navigate to Customers, then add the manual groups you wish to make. Next, click on Filters and filter by Location. You can also add a date parameter if you happened to have some type of event you wish to include. 

Once you add the filter and parameters, your list will only include those specific contacts. Then you would just select all, and add to the group you manually created. 

Let us know how this works out for you! 😊

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

Perfect! I hadn't thought about creating a manual group ahead of the campaign, I was trying to do too many things at once. Thank you! Now to get the bank account issue figured out so I can get the 2nd location up and running. 

Message 7 of 7