x
Beta Member

50p Local Delivery Fee?

Hi All,

Do we know if square are going to be implementing the 50p fee on all local deliveries? 

I have just been reading that from the 1st April 2021 the fee will be reintroduced. Is this true?

Thanks,

Ash 

Message 1 of 22
Report Inappropriate Content
21 REPLIES 21
Super Seller

We've all got a lot of opinions on this, for what it's worth - here's mine ๐Ÿ˜

I don't think this should be a 'free' feature, the API & back end is obviously more costly. However I'd have much preferred it to have been put into one of the current online store plans rather than a per transaction flat fee. A flat fee only makes sense in my head if it can be explained as a cost per transaction (like the processing cost - there is the clear cost per transaction for Sq, so this is paid per transaction for us too). 

Service charge - ewwwww. 

Flip side, Square has been really open about the cost of this from launch so we can't really claim ignorance or total surprise. Also the online store processing charge has recently been reduced by 1%. I know this would only level out if the average local delivery order is ยฃ50 but it does show it's not just costs one way. 

In the UK (as @SGM1 said) we're not used to this sort of price structure, even our mobiles are all 'unlimited' for calls & texts these days. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 22 of 22
Report Inappropriate Content