x

Feature Request: Allow customers to pay for third-party delivery orders using Square Gift Cards

Feature Request: Allow customers to pay for third-party delivery orders using Square Gift Cards

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Add Gift Card as payment option has disappeared from the checkout

The ability to enter a Square Gift Card as a payment option has disappeared from the checkout for delivery in my online store.  It is still an option when the customer selects Pickup.

This has worked flawlessly for weeks now, but suddenly disappeared.  How do I get it back?  All of my delivery orders are paid for by Gift Card!

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Can customers use egift cards with LOCAL DELIVERY only

Yes, Square Gift Cards can now be used on In-House and On-Demand delivery orders!  

Let us know if you have any other questions about this, @MileHighProduce 🍅🥬🥕 

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Allow customers to pay for third-party delivery orders using Square Gift Cards

Hi y'all! 

Dropping in to let you know that Square Gift Cards will now appear as a payment option for all In-House and On-Demand Deliveries orders. Please give our team a call if you are running into any troubles with this field appearing at the end of the checkout flow!

111 Comments
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @addys 

Was this for a Delivery Order?

For some reason Delivery Online Orders haven't been accepting Gift Cards - I'm not sure why.

@pessosices wrote:

Hey @addys 

Was this for a Delivery Order?

For some reason Delivery Online Orders haven't been accepting Gift Cards - I'm not sure why.

Yes, it was!

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to apply the gift card for online delivery?

How to apply the gift card for online delivery ?
Gift card cannot be applied when payment is made by customer delivery.
Customer ONLY apply the gift card on PICK-UP & SHIPPING.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Why does square not allow gift cards to be used for delivery orders?

I just purchased and sent out over 100 gift cards for my restaurants 1 year anniversary to customers. I am a take out and delivery spot. Come to find out, customers can not redeem gift cards for delivery orders, only pick up! This is a huge site error. On top of that, taking gift card info over the phone is a night mare. You have to know the GC balance before accepting the payment or you get an “insufficient funds” error. This is  disaster for my business

HI, just throwing some ideas in, were all the gift cards set-up and configured in Square?  Were they assigned a customer's email or phone number?  Were they pre-loaded to the customer's account so it can be deducted?

Here is some Square Support pages

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5432-use-your-square-gift-cards

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6000-square-egift-cards

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6355-send-an-egift-card

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Beta Member

Just chiming in here to say that this is extremely difficult to imagine why this would be the case; we are a florist and we deliver for a living. We've been using our Online store more and more as we go further in to this pandemic and we need to allow our customers the option of using the money they have on their gift cards. 

Customers on our online store cannot enter a gift card when they choose delivery as fulfillment. The option to add a coupon code is available, but nothing shows up for enter a gift card. If we have them change it to pickup, it works fine, they can enter the gift card number no problem. Are we missing a setting somewhere that would allow our customers to enter gift cards at checkout when they choose delivery?

Admin

Hey @MossCR

Using a Square Gift Card on a Square Online delivery order is a feature request.

@ashc and myself will keep an eye on this thread and update it when we hear something from our Product Teams. 

Beta Member

@isabelle  What does 'a feature request' mean? Could you clarify that terminology, please? Thank you.

Admin

It's a feature that's been requested by sellers for one of our products that is not currently available @JedThompson.

You can learn about the journey of a feature request here.