x
Beta Member

Adding my items from my in store inventory to online store

I a new to Square Retail and have a large inventory catalog. What is the easiest way for me to add inventory from my current inventory library? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @Andy212FL,

The easiest way is to import a CSV or Excel file into your item library in your Square Dashboard. Here is an article on Inventory Management, see the section on managing bulk inventory:

1. Visit Items in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Actions > Export Library.
  3. In this report, update your Stock Alert Enabled [Location] and New Quantity values and save the Excel (.xlsx) or CSV file to your computer.
    Note: At this time, Excel (.xlsx) and CSV (.csv) file templates are the only supported file types for bulk import. Custom templates aren’t supported.
  4. Drag and drop your saved file to the Import Inventory window and click Upload > Confirm > Done.
Message 2 of 10
Beta Member

@mattd Thank you for your help 

Message 3 of 10
Beta Member

@mattd 

One last question. What is the best way to combine all sizes into one page for an item? My spreadsheet is coming across one by one as far and not all sizes are grouped together. 

Message 4 of 10

Do you mean with the import tool? If using the import tool, it is very important that you assign the Square Core Product Attributes correctly.

Or are you adding an item manually in your Square Dashboard?

Regarding the size question, how I would recommend is something like the following:

TshirtInventory.png

To clarify, are you saying your current inventory has a row for each item in your inventory? So there are duplicate lines if you have two of something?

Message 5 of 10
Beta Member

@mattd 

Yes. I am using the import tool. I am transferring from another ipad system and they come across as one by one on the items. looking at your example do I take out some of the tokens say I only assign one token for all sizes in Orange and one token for all sizes in Black? 

Message 6 of 10

The tokens are generated by Square, no need to worry about the tokens. Those are just preexisting one's that I have.

Message 7 of 10
Beta Member

@mattd 

Looking at your spreadsheet I see Tokens for Orange but not for the Red Shirts. Is that how I should do it? 

Message 8 of 10

No, on your first import you can leave the tokens blank. They will be automatically generated for you.

Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

@mattd 

Is it possible for one token with Square to have all Sizes and Colors grouped together? I sell clothes so the majority of my inventory has various colors and sizes. All I keep getting is every single item ends up with their own token. Is there an easy way to do this? 

Message 10 of 10