x

Adding stock error - Help

Hi I'm getting this error suddenly when I try to add stock.  When I click the link it tells me the page I'm looking for cannot be found.  Any ideas?  It worked yesterday so I'm not sure.

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 11.21.45 AM.png

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Beta Member

Make sure that for that item - you've selected a location for it to be sold at. In the very set of options for an item - you should see "Locations" and if this is not set - even if you only one location it needs to be set - you won't be able to add that item.

James Wilkinson
Message 2 of 9
Alumni

@JPWilkinson 🙏

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 9

It was fine the other day and now it doesn't work.  If I try to "copy" or duplicate or create new item it keeps saying that error.  If I open an old stock item it doesn't have the error...which doesn't make sense because if I copy the item it is the same info.  I just cleared my cache but that didn't fix it either.  I'm not even given the choice to chose locations for these new items, it only comes up with that error.  I have tried another browser and it is the same. 

Somehow this is a setting in square and not the online area but I have looked there and I don't see anything that is wrong.

Any other ideas?  Thanks so much.

Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

If you are doing this via the dashboard, try within the iPad app - that might do it! Same options are there but I find that sometimes it takes going into the POS itself solves much of the issues.

James Wilkinson
Message 5 of 9

Same problem - I called and they started a ticket on Friday but it still isn't fixed. For people who change stock frequenlty - this is a BIG DEAL

Message 6 of 9

Oh thank goodness someone else is seeing these errors.  I'm so frustrated.  I was able to add new items under the general items...but as soon I tried for the online store I had errors and things not showing up.  I think square is having issues and hopefully they can fix it!

Message 7 of 9
Admin

Just so I understand what you are seeing correctly, you can add items in the Square Dashboard and that works fine. If you add items within the Square Online item library that gives you errors, though?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 8 of 9

I don't use my ipad...everything is on my computer...but this is an ONLINE problem.  I just added new stock through square items and it was fine, but now I"m having other issues with the online portion and items.  Sounds like other people are also having this issue.

Thanks for your help though.

Message 9 of 9