x

Anyone else having issues with the new feature allowing the number of orders allowed/time period?

Today was the first day we used the new feature that supposedly only allows a set number of menu items to be picked up per every 15 minute increments. I set the maximum number of orders to be picked up at 18/15 minutes - we ended up with more than 40 orders for our 12:00 time slot, 24 orders for our 12:20 time slot, so on and so on... 

it did not work properly for us 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @Penelope-88

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry that this did not work as expected. I took a look at our features under Pickup & Delivery.  You can limit the number of orders that are to be picked up or delivered every 15 minutes by entering a number not minutes. However, you mentioned that "I set the maximum number of orders to be picked up at 18/15 minutes". I want to make sure we are seeing the same settings (see picture below). Our pickup and delivery minutes are auto-filled, I was not able to change the minutes. Can you tell me where you changed the minutes in your Square Online Store? 

Lastly, please take a look at this thread with @PeteyD best answear on our Pickup & Delivery product update. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 5

Hi Sayra,

Thanks for responding. On the online store page, under general settings, under the pick up and delivery tab there’s the section you included in your reply where you can enter in the maximum number of pickups every 15 minutes. I entered in 18 pickups for every 15 minutes. (We we’re doing only a pre-prepared kit for pick up that day only). We ended up receiving close to 40 pickups for the first time slot between 12-12:15, over 25 pickups for the 12:30 time slot, etc... 

For our service the very next day, I changed the maximum number of pickups allowed to 9 pick ups every 15 minutes. We had the same issue. For our first time slot we received 40+ pickups for 12:15, 20+ pick ups for 12:30, etc...  

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for your reply back@Penelope-88. This may be an account specif issue. When you get sometime can you please send me a private message. I'd be happy to look into this further. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 5

Hi Sayra, 

Have you been able to look into our account to determine if this is an account specific issue?  The issue is still happening, to the extent in which we are telling our customers to be flexible even before they place an order so that we're able to manually designate pick up times because of this issue.  We had another service last Thursday and experienced the same issue of pick up slots 1) not being every 15 minutes, and 2) some pick up slots had upwards of 25+ orders for that time slot when I had entered a limit of 9 orders/15 minutes. 

Also - I need a full copy of my UITR report that Square files for us, rather than just the first page that shows up in our tax forms tab. Do you know who I can contact to get that information? 

Message 5 of 5