x
Beta Member

Best process for making items Visible or Unavailable and not affecting other sites

What is the process to allow individual shops on square online to make items visible or unavailable and not effect the other sites. 

We have 3 stores with shared items. Items sell out at individual sites daily and I'd like to give FOH managers of each shop the ability to make these items unavailable/available without affecting the other sites.

The edit item option seems a little confusing to us. If the item visibility is changed it affects all sites. 

Also when a team member is given online access they can make changes to all sites even though they are only assigned to a particular site. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey again @genusCavia,

I've tried to find a solution for you here but I wasn't actually able to see how to do this on my test account.

You can assign items to appear at different locations on your website, and you can make an item available or unavailable online in general, however I wasn't able to see a way to make an item unavailable online at a specific location.

You can make an item unavailable on a per location basis via the main Square Dashboard, however this is a bit of a cumbersome workaround.

I'd be reaching out to our support team for more help with this one and get another opinion on if this is doable - they'll also be able to see how things are set up currently which will give a little more context in troubleshooting. You call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time) or email via this form 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks @Seamus  for looking into this. I will follow up with the support team as you suggest. 

Message 3 of 3