x

Blocking a Country from Accessing my Site

Ever since I switched from Weebly to Square whenever I look at my real time Google analytics there is at least one visit (sometimes two) from Hong Kong. It's pretty much been 24 hours a day for 3 months, as if it's a crawler of some kind.  Is there a way to block Hong Kong from accessing my site?

Johanna Kelly
Soldier58: Modern style with a past.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Soldier58 - thanks for reaching out to us here again on the Seller Community. 

Currently there is no process for blocking specific region or country from accessing your site. In order to pass along feedback on this, is there a specific reason you'd like to block people from a specific country from viewing your site? 

I will keep an eye out for your response. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi Joe,

Something located in Hong Kong or Indonesia is constantly crawling my website. It's been going on since March when we switched from Weebly to Square. They are on up to three pages at a time and it's screwing up my analytics. I don't know what's going on or why this started when I launched my Square website but it's incredibly frustrating. 

Johanna

Soldier58

Message 3 of 5

I need to block some countries to view my website, still can't figure out how to do it. 

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @VeraYang

At this time, Square Online is unable to block countries.  Thanks so much for this Request. To appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Online. Our team monitors these boards, and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5