x
Beta Member

Bulk edit for product weight?

I am working on my Square website, and am wondering if there is a way to bulk edit the weights for a group of items.  My example is greeting cards, which from maker to maker, have specific weights. I'm finding it very time consuming going into each item and adding the weight. There has to be a better way than this!

Thanks,

Crystal

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for posting, Crystal.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to bulk edit the weight for items. You'll have to continue editing the weight field for each item on the Edit Item page. 

You can bulk edit variations for items, though, by checking the variation, then editing one of the weight fields. 

Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Thanks for your reply, That's not the best outcome. I have many candles which are the same weight, and it would be amazing to be able to edit these in a more efficient manner. As a store owner, it's not ideal to not have this option.

Message 3 of 9

I agree with you that it's not the most efficient way to start up or manage your store items. 😞 Hopefully this is something we will be able to address in the future. 

Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

I hope so! It would make updating inventory so much faster.

Message 5 of 9

Any updates on this topic.  Have 6500 items in my square database which I can edit via excel spreadsheet and add a custom attribute for weight/mass -  but can this be linked to the weight field in the online DB?

I sell small beads as well as yarn and other products and need this to calculate postage.....

Message 6 of 9

Hi @BonneyStGarage 👋 Welcome to the Seller Community!

I have exciting news! @Crystal72 for you as well! 

This feature will be available to all Square sellers within the next couple of weeks. You may already have access to it, but if not, keep checking as it is in the process of rolling out. 🎉🎉 

I'll post more details once I have more information! 😊

Message 7 of 9

Excellent.  Thanks look forward to this feature being available.  Will save so much time 🙂

Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

That's great news! 

Message 9 of 9