x

Can I allow client to pay in installments?

Hello,

I was asked by couple of clients if an instalment plan is available.

Does anyone know if this is something I can setup on Square for them?

Thanks,

John

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @John18, welcome to the Seller Community! 

It sounds like progress invoice might be the feature for you. This will let you set up a payment schedule based on specific milestones or phases of the job. At the moment, you can set up to 12 milestone payments on an invoice, so it can work like instalment.

More information on how to create a progress invoice can be found in our Support Centre here. If you have any question, don't hesitate to reply below!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 5

As far as I can see the US version of Square implemented an installments feature upon checkout in 2018 already. 

The recurring invoice feature is fine for installments but requires the customer to actively reach out for us to set it up. Is there a timeline on when the UK platform will offer installments upon checkout just like the US version? 

If not, then is there a feature to implement tools like clearway or laybuy as an external installments provider? 

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hi @Ronin, thanks for letting us know! 

While we're hoping to bring the instalment features to more Square customers and markets, we do not have a timeline or date to share right now. Please do keep an eye on our Product Updates as we'll be sharing all upcoming launches there. 

We also currently don't have any partnership with Clearway or Jaybuy but I'll be sure to suggest them to our Partnership team as well. If you are curious about who we currently integrate with, check out our App Marketplace

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 5

I would also like this feature to be implemented

I sell computers and as they are high value, customers would like the option to spread the cost

Currently, I can only do this by generating a PayPal invoice for the customer, which is clunky and of course means Square makes no money on the transaction. Square does not allow integration with Klarna etc

It is seriously making me consider swapping to another commerce platform

Allowing customers to pay by instalments is good for the merchant AND Square as it generates more sales. Seems a no-brainer really, especially if the fees are competitive (under 2.5% per transaction)

Message 5 of 5