x

Can I build a new site on my account and then just switch over when it's time to go live?

Hi there

I currently have a website that I built and published, pointed my domain to and take payments and bookings on. All good.

My question is, if I want to implement a completely new design, is there a way I can build that new site on my account (so I effectively have two websites) and then when I'm ready, simply 'switch' the new one on and the old one off, without having to go through the payments and bookings setup again?

Or do I have to implement the new design on the current website (so it'll look a bit weird whilst I'm switching all the colours, photography, etc)?

Hope that makes sense

Cheers

Dazza

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @DazzaH, welcome to the Seller Community!

There isn't a way to switch site design from one to another. However, there are a couple of workarounds we can try:

• You can create a second site on your account with the same items. When it is ready, you can move your previous site to a Square subdomain, thus freeing your domain up to be connected with your second site. The only downside to this is that you'll need to be on a paid subscription to use custom domain, and subscription is applied on a site-basis. This means you'll need to cancel the subscription on your previous site and subscribe again. 
  • As long as you don't publish the site, customers shouldn't see any changes. So you can still make edit in the backend and only publish when needed. You could potentially make changes in block and publish it gradually.

I hope this will help. 

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content